Odd Creative X-Fi can you identify this chip?
Jan 6, 2008 at 9:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

n00bler

100+ Head-Fier
I bought an odd X-Fi SB0770 that I've never seen in retail. Built in toslink jacks, standard front audio pinout, dedicated rear/side jacks *none of this 4 pole 3.5mm plug business* and a chip on the back of the PCB I've never seen before, anyone know what the Creative CA0112-1AT LF is for?

Here are some pics:
xfi1.jpg

xfi2.jpg

xfi3.jpg

Google led me to a site with pics showcasing a similar X-Fi, alongside a regular X-Fi, linky.

Cirrus Logic CS4382 DAC, Wolfson WM8775 ADC, and weird squished smt output op-amps (guess I won't be swapping them out
frown.gif
) x1 JRC 4556 x3 STL 4558

Jan 6, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 13
The SB0770 is an OEM version of the Xtreme Gamer that came from either a Dell, HP, or Alienware.

Unfortunately drivers are a pain to come by for for Creative OEM cards, but it looks like HP has some on their site that would work for it. HERE

Jan 7, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #6 of 13
The X-Fi cards with those heatsinks on them as far as I've read are all from Dell PCs. I also read that they have 2 or 8 meg of that onboard audio ram the Fatality and platinum have 64 meg of. Maybe Creative dumped off a whole run of prototype or early design boards to the package manufacturers?

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #8 of 13
I have the above card that came with a HP computer and im trying to get 5.1, dts, dolby digital through the optical and i have been losing my mind over it. I have checked every setting and cant find anything, can anyone help??? running vista

Apr 7, 2008 at 9:47 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by splitradius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the above card that came with a HP computer and im trying to get 5.1, dts, dolby digital through the optical and i have been losing my mind over it. I have checked every setting and cant find anything, can anyone help??? running vista

What drivers are you using? I've found the ones HP hosts to be quite barebones. I'd suggest trying out the ones alienware hosts (scroll down to SB0770)
alienware linky

Jul 23, 2008 at 9:32 AM Post #10 of 13
"The UAA-20K1 dual-chip (CA0112 “Golden Gate” chip) solution is similar in spirit to Hybrid VGA and 3D Graphics solutions. In the power-on condition, the dual-chip solution is in UAA mode as default. Upon Creative Driver startup or initialization, the software driver will switch the dual-chip solution to X-Fi mode. Upon Creative Driver shutdown or uninstall, the Driver will switch the dual-chip back to UAA mode. The switch from UAA mode to 20K1 mode, and vice-versa, does not result in a change to PCI configuration, as the OS would see it."

More here:

OEM - Chips - CA0112

and here:

OEM - Sound Cards - SB077x Family

Jul 23, 2008 at 12:44 PM Post #11 of 13
wow, what an odd little card, the performance is probably sub-par compared to something like X-Fi Prelude?

also, afaik, the Platinum has no RAM, or only ~2MB, the X-Fi Champion and Professional series are the ones that ship with X-RAM (and the Elite Pro)

love the native optical out though, and 4x3.5mm output for analog audio (now if only Creative included something like Realtek's drivers, or E-MU's patchbay drivers with all of their cards, and you could drive 4x stereo out on that)

Aug 3, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #12 of 13
Can anyone confirm whether these things can do dolby digital live or dts connect? I'm pretty sure that it doesn't come as standard but Creative enable it on most X-fis for $5.

Those native optical ports could be handy. I've just ordered a Victor SU-DH1 and one of these cards would be great if it does DDL. I A/B tested my Xonar D2 against an X-Fi Prelude a few months ago and decided to keep the Xonar because of Dolby Headphone. I'm thinking one of these with the SU-DH1 might just do the trick and let me have both Dolby Headphone and full EAX support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back