Odd Comparasons for $200 headphones - Beyerdynamic DT-250, Sennheiser HD25-1, Audio-Technica ATH-EW9, V-MODA Crossfade M-80
Feb 9, 2014 at 12:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Armillary

Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm a long time fan of the site, and I just want to say thanks for all the information to start. I'm a full-time student and I can't really justify spending a ton on headphones but I recently decided to get a nice pair.

I've been looking to spend around $200 on a pair of headphones that are a good value. I personally like to have defined but not overstated bass along with present mids and clear highs. I listen to everything but I'd say that I really would like to have phones that can handle instrumentals well but don't have any outstanding issues with vocals. Soundstage is pretty important to me too so something with good separation is a huge plus. I'm not against buying an amp, but it would be nice to have a set that didn't need to have one. After a lot of looking I found a few pairs that appeal to me but they seem like really odd choices, especially after trying to find reviews on the site for them. I'm entirely open to suggestions, and I really appreciate any help anyone can lend me.    

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #2 of 2
So after a bit of looking about I decided to drop the Sennheiser HD25-1 and ATH-EW9's off the list. I really liked the EW9's but I couldn't really find any support for them. I also ended up taking a look at the Mikros 90, the AIAIAI TMA-1, and the Beyerdynamic Custom One's. I'm kinda leaning toward the Mikros 90, mainly because they're so well recommended on the forums and they are well under my budget. The TMA-1's also look attractive since a used pair can come in under $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back