ODAC Troubleshooting Help
Apr 7, 2014 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kuhchuk

100+ Head-Fier
First of all, I'd like to apologize if this is in the wrong forum.  If this doesn't belong here, please feel free to move it/lock it as you see fit.

With that out of the way, I've been having a lot of issues with the ODAC in my O2/ODAC combo unit that I picked up from Mayflower Electronics.  It should be noted that the O2 portion of the unit is working just fine. 

There are several main symptoms, including, but not limited to:
  1. Lots of static if I don't position the USB cable JUUUUST right.
  2. Random hangs in foobar that don't clear up until I manually seek/change the song.
  3. Just completely dropping out so that it's not detected by windows for a minute or so/until I unplug the USB cable and plug it back in.
  4. It died on me for a solid hour tonight.

I just sent Tyler at Mayflower an email, but I don't expect to hear back until tomorrow morning at the earliest, seeing as it's nearly 3AM.  In the meantime, I was wondering if there's anything I could do to troubleshoot my ODAC. 

I've tried changing the output format to every possible output the ODAC supports, and I've still encountered lots of issues.  Opened up the enclosure, and the leads from the ODAC to the O2 appear to be just fine.  Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be?

EDIT:  Since several companies produce the ODAC, I thought it would be wise to mention that the ODACs used at Mayflower are sourced from JDS Labs.  Anyone else have issues with JDS ODACs?

Jul 16, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #3 of 3
I assume you've tried different USB cables?
Do you have the ability to disassemble the chassis to look at the usb connector contacts (the solder points on the PCB)? maybe one or more of the surface mounted chip solder points?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back