October 1st, 2004
Sep 21, 2004 at 7:45 PM Post #46 of 56
Mr. Chris Hoff picked up or received my USPS Priority Mail parcel today. He sent a confirmation e-mail message stating that the upgrades will be performed tomorrow Wednesday and I should receive a return tracking number shortly thereafter. I am not sure whether I will get it by the end of this week. I think next week is when I will get my BP.Jr II Ultra Signature Upgrades and Model L-9 FIM AC/Super-Shield AC cord. I have not heard any word from Mr. Dan Wright. I don't want to bother him anymore. I still expect to receive some reply e-mail message from him when my ModWright Pioneer Elite DV-59AVi is done and it has been triple checked for problems. He should be sending me an e-mail message with the return insured tracking number later this week and I expect to receive it next week.

All is well in my life. I will make my time deadline and still be under budget. My goals and dreams of putting together a HI-FI reference system are coming true.

Sep 23, 2004 at 9:28 PM Post #47 of 56
He performed the Signature Upgrades and included a Model L-9 FIM AC plug / Super-Shield. I got his confirmation e-mail message with the tracking number but I am having him resend it because I deleted it by accident.

He said to be careful opening up the unit because the High Current filter is literally soldered to the top of the metal dust cover. He also said that I have a one of a kind unit like no other. I should be very pleased was his last comment.

Sep 23, 2004 at 10:23 PM Post #48 of 56
It should arrive at my place on Monday September 27th, 2004 sometime in the afternoon.

When I receive it, I will carefully use a hand Phillips head screwdriver to open up the unit, snap 2 - 3 pictures, and take 2 - 3 more pictures of the outside of the unit. I will be extremely cautious and careful. I know the high current filter is soldered to the top of the dust cover. I will not make the same mistake of damaging my heavily modded unit!
eek.gif
cool.gif

Sep 26, 2004 at 1:15 AM Post #49 of 56
I will receive my ModWright Pioneer Elite DV-59AVi by October 1st, 2004. I have received a somewhat tenuous reply from Mr. Dan Wright that most everything is going smoothly but the LC Audio SuperClock x03 with Clock Supply Mod is giving him some technical challenges. I'm sure he'll install it just fine.

Next week will be a very ear and eye opening time for me!
eek.gif

Sep 27, 2004 at 4:30 PM Post #50 of 56
I have just received my Balanced Power Technologies BP.Jr II Ultra with Signature Upgrades and the BPT Model "Litz"-9AWG with FIM AC plugs and Super-Shield today at 11:45 AM EST. Mr. Hoff has performed the upgrades to which we agreed and has strongly urged me not to open up my unit to snap up pictures. In fact, the back of the unit has a caveat, "Do not open. Lethal voltages inside."

So, I can only take pictures of the outside of the box and the power cord. I will try to find my 3.2 megapixel digital camera but good luck to me. I will use my trusty Olympus Camedia D-360L 1.3 megapixel camera. Pictures will be on line at Photobucket and here shortly. I choose to go to work at B&N @ 3:30 PM EST.

Sep 27, 2004 at 5:00 PM Post #51 of 56
I'm working on the pictures now. If I don't get them up this afternoon, then I will do so after midnight tonight when I get back home from work. Or, I will get them on line tomorrow since I am off from work. My unit & power cord are burning in now and will be for the next five days. I'm going to re-take these photographs later tonight for better images using my 3.2 megapixel camera.

P1010012.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010015.jpg

P1010016.jpg

Sep 30, 2004 at 5:37 PM Post #52 of 56
I just got an e-mail from Mr. Dan Wright. He will not be able to meet the October 1st, 2004 deadline. He is struggling with the LC Audio SuperClock x03 with Clock Supply Mod and other quality control issues. He is not satisfied with the work thus far and he anticipates that more time is needed to get the job done right. I have no problem with this. His honesty and candor are completely refreshing. He said that he will have the work done right and he will ship my unit by next week. We are keeping in touch with each other by e-mail.

Oct 14, 2004 at 8:21 PM Post #53 of 56
What happened to this thread? Welly, did you get your source back yet?
need some impressions...

Nov 1, 2004 at 8:32 PM Post #54 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitri
What happened to this thread? Welly, did you get your source back yet? need some impressions...

It's Nov.1...Just wandering about wrightmod??? Hope you're enjoying modded pioneer dv59avi. I guess this is why you forgot to get back to head-fi...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back