Obscured By Clouds: Digi-Pak or Regular CD?
Jan 11, 2006 at 6:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
Whats the difference between a "Digi-Pak" and regular CD?

Is their a preferred version of this album that I should buy?

This is one of the few Floyd albums that I dont own...is it good?

Jan 12, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #3 of 5
Go to www.digipak.com if you don't already know what Digipaks are.

Advantages of digipaks -- lighter, more posh-looking, more environmental friendly.

Disadvantages --
1) the package can easily get damaged and is NOT replacable, unlike conventional plastic "jewel cases".
2) People with large CD collections may want to save space by throwing away the plastic cases, while keeping the CD, the booklet, back-sleeves ect in special envelopes.

For CDs that comes in both editions, I often take digipaks as I take reasonably good care of my CDs.

Jan 12, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #4 of 5
check for damage very closely in the store. sucks to open a brand new digipak and discover its already damaged or marked. if you find a clean one you'll cringe as you hand it over to the cashier for checkout and watch him toss it around with other hard case cds.

i think they should come in some sort of protective case.

Jan 12, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #5 of 5
'Obscured by Clouds' is a great album. It is very stripped-down compared to the untamed weirdness that came before it and the epics that were to follow it, and that's a large part of what's nice about it.

It's not quite "Floyd Unplugged" (as it is electric), but it is a collection of really nice 4-5 minute songs where you can actually hear the band members playing instruments, instead of getting swept up in a world of sound effects and pessimistic worldview. Seriously underrated.
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back