oBravo Earphones and Headphones Land in UK
Aug 23, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #466 of 498
Hi all,

Tempted to pull trigger on some Obravo Cupid’s, got a couple of queries....

I use a fair amount on the go with the Alo CV5 amp. How’s the isolation with the Cupids? Also, what’s the best solution re cables? Use the basic 3.5mm provided in the package or the balanced with the adapter, or switch between the two? I’ve always been a bit wary both of lots of cable switching, for fear of wearing out the connections, and also of adapters, because they’re bulky and feel like they could snap in a pocket. Any advice welcomed!

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #467 of 498
Hi all,

Tempted to pull trigger on some Obravo Cupid’s, got a couple of queries....

I use a fair amount on the go with the Alo CV5 amp. How’s the isolation with the Cupids? Also, what’s the best solution re cables? Use the basic 3.5mm provided in the package or the balanced with the adapter, or switch between the two? I’ve always been a bit wary both of lots of cable switching, for fear of wearing out the connections, and also of adapters, because they’re bulky and feel like they could snap in a pocket. Any advice welcomed!

3.5mm is convenient, but the 2.5mm cable is a better choice in terms of build and sound so I'd recommend using that where possible.

If you are using the CV5 for "out and about" use and intend to keep it in a pocket, you will probably need to invest in a decent pigtail style adapter to use the 2.5mm cable - there are various types on the market from people like Ibasso and Fiio, so someone may have a suggestion. For me, the oBravo adapter included is excellent, but it's too long to be usable in the pocket when attached to the 2.5mm cable, so it's for stationary use only.

Just my 0.02p/c .

Aug 23, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #468 of 498
3.5mm is convenient, but the 2.5mm cable is a better choice in terms of build and sound so I'd recommend using that where possible.

If you are using the CV5 for "out and about" use and intend to keep it in a pocket, you will probably need to invest in a decent pigtail style adapter to use the 2.5mm cable - there are various types on the market from people like Ibasso and Fiio, so someone may have a suggestion. For me, the oBravo adapter included is excellent, but it's too long to be usable in the pocket when attached to the 2.5mm cable, so it's for stationary use only.

Just my 0.02p/c .

Thanks so much for this, great advice. If anyone has a link for a reasonable pigtail adapter, I’d be grateful, as the only ones I’ve been able to find following a quick search look very low quality

Aug 23, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #469 of 498
Thanks so much for this, great advice. If anyone has a link for a reasonable pigtail adapter, I’d be grateful, as the only ones I’ve been able to find following a quick search look very low quality
Yes, I'd love a link to an adapter that's community approved. TBH honest the only thing that bugs me about the Cupids is that proprietary connector. I've N E V E R had a problem with mmcx and I've got a drawer full of fine cables. One of which is a. 40 cm cable I use with the UP2 clipped to my collar when I'm out and about.

I'm grateful for the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter that's included (they didn't need to do that) but like you said it's so long it's impractical. I fly a lot and have visions of putting in the airline jack then the guy next to me gets up to go to the washroom before I remember to pull it out and he snaps it as his leg passes by..... Short is good, 90 degree angle is better.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #470 of 498
For the crazy good sound quality vs price paid for my Cupid, Not complaining. Only niggles now is the 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter sticks out too much from my WM1A for my comfort.

Got my ob-mmcx. Reterminating my EA Thor II soon. Hope it has good synergy with the Cupid.

Wonders if any oBravo's full size headphones sounds like the Cupid.

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #471 of 498
For the crazy good sound quality vs price paid for my Cupid, Not complaining. Only niggles now is the 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter sticks out too much from my WM1A for my comfort.

Got my ob-mmcx. Reterminating my EA Thor II soon. Hope it has good synergy with the Cupid.

Wonders if any oBravo's full size headphones sounds like the Cupid.
Yes, I agree with you. The value is astounding. I offer my comments in hopes only that they listen to feedback from their customers. BTW, did you re terminate yourself?

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #472 of 498
Yes, I agree with you. The value is astounding. I offer my comments in hopes only that they listen to feedback from their customers. The Cupid is a consumer focused product and I know the hope is that it begins an upgrade path but for this audience a standard MMCX would be a good call. BTW, did you re terminate yourself?

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #473 of 498
Yes, I agree with you. The value is astounding. I offer my comments in hopes only that they listen to feedback from their customers. BTW, did you re terminate yourself?

No. Last time I held a solder gun was like almost 30 years ago. Hands shakes from too much caffeine and nicotine. Will need to get someone to do it for me.

Yes I agree it would be better if they used the standard mmcx connectors. I skipped UM ME.1 for the same reason.

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #475 of 498
This is the last of our $50.000USD giveaway series to celebrate our 10 years in the business and we're ending our 52 week long celebration with a BANG!

For the final round we're giving away a set of OBravo Audio RA C Cu - an IEM worth an incredible 10,000 USD!

Feel lucky? Only on Headfonia, where else?!

https://www.headfonia.com/giveaway-52-obravo-ra-c-cu/

Oct 19, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #479 of 498
ok so a couple of new features on the oBravo headphones which also include AMT drivers - the TOTL HAMT-1 SIgnature and the HAMT-3 MKII :)

DSCF0948-1.jpg

https://headfonics.com/2019/10/obravo-hamt-3-mkii-first-contact/

DSCF0967-1.jpg

https://headfonics.com/2019/10/obravo-hamt-1-signature-first-contact/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back