oBravo Cupid
Sep 15, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #213 of 225
And your response is to dig up a months-old conversation because *glancing at your post history* ... you hate measurements.

Guess I know why this is happening now of all times.
What I actually dont like is people who think attacking is an appropriate substitute for nuance in a conversation.

Keep going...

Sep 15, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #214 of 225
What I actually dont like is people who think attacking is an appropriate substitute for nuance in a conversation.

Keep going...

I don't think anyone would want me to get into a nuanced conversation about the subtleties, limitations and complexities of frequency response measurements in an oBravo Cupid thread, which was why I didn't push the matter further back then.

But hey, if you (and everyone else in the thread) wants to give me the green light, I'll be happy to oblige. But I'm sure a moderator would first sweep it all to the Sound Science section than to let it happen here.

Oct 27, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #215 of 225
Hi! I'm looking for the definitive $300 IEMs to listen to metal (mostly prog/death/post/thrash).
During my researches I've done a lost of my three top picks, but now a fourth one has been added, the Obravo Cupid. Are there someone who can give me some comparison information?

Here is my list:
- Dunu DK-2001
- Audiosene T800
- Moondrop Blessing 2
- Obravo Cupid

Thank you all!

Oct 27, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #216 of 225
Hi! I'm looking for the definitive $300 IEMs to listen to metal (mostly prog/death/post/thrash).
During my researches I've done a lost of my three top picks, but now a fourth one has been added, the Obravo Cupid. Are there someone who can give me some comparison information?

Here is my list:
- Dunu DK-2001
- Audiosene T800
- Moondrop Blessing 2
- Obravo Cupid

Thank you all!
Dunu would be my call, the dd on the 2001 goes beyond its price and coherence just feels adequate, mids are outstanding and you can use the cable for other iems, you could buy the other 2 connectors (2.5 and 4.4) and roll with one single one

Oct 27, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #217 of 225
Dunu would be my call, the dd on the 2001 goes beyond its price and coherence just feels adequate, mids are outstanding and you can use the cable for other iems, you could buy the other 2 connectors (2.5 and 4.4) and roll with one single one

Thank you for your opinion. DK-2001s are on top of my list, I think I will for them (the cable is also a real plus). These Obravo Cupid btw are very interesting, but I didn't read any review that tell something about listening to metal.

Oct 27, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #218 of 225
Thank you for your opinion. DK-2001s are on top of my list, I think I will for them (the cable is also a real plus). These Obravo Cupid btw are very interesting, but I didn't read any review that tell something about listening to metal.
I own both, I would pick the dunu any day over the obravo.

cupids on the go can get annoying due to the suck effect of the closed enclousure, tips are super important (whirlwinds and jvc spiral dots are the best fitting, any short nozzle with big hole actually but stil, they tend to be super picky) you must file the mmcx port to be able to use any other cable (they scale magnificently with dunu hulk and the Sony ier m9 cable) and they are cruel with bad recordings

Nov 18, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #219 of 225
The successor to the Cupid is coming and will be named Venus. oBravo audio did a giveaway contest in their FB page a week ago. I asked David Teng of obravo what the differences would be and he replied:

1. Larger NDD size to 9mm for easier handling the bass of music;
2. Different internal air flow loop to perform very balanced frequency responses;
3. Brand new design of exchangeable plug types
4. A beautiful carry box;
5. Planned to release in the 2nd half of December;
6. The standard Venus is a MSRP of USD 799.00 and the Venus Signature at USD 929.00;

Exciting times ahead

Dec 19, 2020 at 7:01 AM Post #222 of 225
I made an in-depth written review about the oBravo Cupid!! If you need something sharp, analytical, bright and clear, this should be right for you! :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2...obravo-cupid-planar-magnetic-iems-review.html

oBravo-Cupid-IEMs-MMCX-2.5mm-Balanced-Cable-Planar-Magnetic-Earphones-105dB-SPL-16OHM-Audiophi...jpg

May 31, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #225 of 225
the cupids will forever be a timeless classic for me, maybe I just got a golden pair.. recently got the acoustune aet06 M+ tips and these are by far the best tips for the cupids, hands down. Another huge plus for these tips is that they're far less picky with fit compared to others, don't have to play for hours to get the sound just right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back