Objective 2 vs Matrix M-Stage
Feb 9, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #46 of 50
@Theogenes, I think it goes beyond the 'usual' debate - depending on where you sit, Voldemort is either the Messiah or a very naughty boy. I fully expect a 7-figure book and movie deal and a public float by second quarter of 2012.   
wink.gif

Feb 12, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #47 of 50
I must report, that i was not totally fair with the EF5. It turns out my interconnects had some kind of short and it was injecting some noise into the amp. I hadent realized or even suspected the interconnects. So my previous comparisons are pretty well invalid at this point. I have to start over... Still, the O2 is incredible for the money!

Im thinking about getting some Orthoydynamic's in the near future, so im not so sure im in that much of a hurry to get rid of EF5. It does, afterall have way more gain then O2(almost twice as much). Might come in handy with HE-5.

May 19, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #48 of 50
Well I am just going to be driving mainly IEM's and maybe the Thunderpants mod that I make.  The O2 did nicely with them before.  I think I am just going to get the Objective 2 since I don't need to drive high end headphones and I think the O2 does a nice enough job and since I can make them, I can make out like a bandit.

May 20, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #49 of 50
Quote:
Well I am just going to be driving mainly IEM's and maybe the Thunderpants mod that I make.  The O2 did nicely with them before.  I think I am just going to get the Objective 2 since I don't need to drive high end headphones and I think the O2 does a nice enough job and since I can make them, I can make out like a bandit.

I do not think the O2 has any major real (non-placebo) difficulty driving "high end" headphones, except maybe the HE-6 or other similarly extreme ones. IEMs can actually be surprisingly difficult for many amplifiers, because they require the lowest noise floor and output impedance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back