Objective 2 headphone amplifier or the Shiit audio vali?
Mar 3, 2015 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Rainbowsloth

Head-Fier
I want an amp capable of driving most headphones from the senheiser hd 598 to the beyerdynamic dt 990 250 ohm headphones. In the future i want to purchase the akg k702. Which amp will drive these best? 
Nowhere on the internet can i find a definitive answer
frown.gif
 i just want to know the differences in the 2 amps and which one will work best for my needs.
Thanks in advance 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #2 of 8
Try the information contained here.

http://www.audiobot9000.com/

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #4 of 8
Mar 6, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #7 of 8
I used the modi/.vali with a number of headphones,HD600,HD580,Beyerdynamic DT-880,Audio Technica AD900x.
The 02+ODAC,gave me a very neutral sound stage,and clear,smooth detail,with good bass.,a overall excellent combo.

I then did an a-b comparison,with the Schiit Vali/Modi combo.
This combo,gave me much more detail,increased the mids a bit,and lifted the high end/treble with an overall brighter SQ,I am not saying that the sq became bright,just slightly brighter

In the end,I ended up keeping the Schiit combo,and to my ears,it works slightly better.,again depends on your music,tastes.
This goes with 90% of the music I listen to,classical,opera,jazz,acoustic guitar..

I am not saying that one amp is better ,,just different
Your ears will tell you what they like,and prefer,it's a very personnel decision.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #8 of 8
This is like asking which is better: steak or sushi. Solid state vs hybrid ss/tube is a preference that is much about individual tastes as anything else.

Keep in mind that you cannot change the tubes on the Vali. If you are interested in being able to tweak the tube sound, look into the Little Dot tube amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back