Object 2 vs. Mix Amp Pro
Jun 13, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #4 of 20
And that should be 'Objective2' or 'O2' - nor 'object 2' - as long as you get the correct gain settings, you should be able to drive the 701 from and 'object'. 

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:
And that should be 'Objective2' or 'O2' - nor 'object 2' - as long as you get the correct gain settings, you should be able to drive the 701 from and 'object'. 

Nice smart ass tone. 
deadhorse.gif
 It's called a typo broski. lol So what settings are you talking about though?

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #6 of 20
The Mixamp is a gaming amp. The O2 isn't. They're nothing alike. If you want to plain in plain stereo, you go for music amps. If you want the additional benefits of Virtual surround for gaming, you get something like the Mixamp pro.

There is no comparison. if you want virtual surround, get the Mixamp. if you want just absolute stereo fidelity, then get somnething like the O2. You lose the benefit of virtual surround, just to get better sound off stereo. I personally prefer virtual surround than losing that extra dimensionality for better stereo fidelity. Not having virtual surround is like playing with blinders on in comparison.

If you want to additionally drive your AKGs with more power for the Mixamp, then attach the O2 TO the Mixamp Pro. That isn't necessary for gaming unless you're hooking up a mic with your headphones, because the Mixamp has to split it's power between driving the headphone, and driving the mic channel.

When gaming, absolute fidelity isn't as important because you're splitting your focus between sound and whatever is on screen. I can game just fine with the Mixamp alone and the AKGs, when I'm not using a mic.

I've mentioned this a million times before. Seems to be asked every other week.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pVdgMQC2rYM#![/VIDEO]

Compare DH off, to DH on at 1:08.

If you feel it's just fine with DH off than when DH is on at 1:08, then just get the O2. If you liked what you heard in 1:08, then get the Mixamp pro FIRST. End of story.

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:
The Mixamp is a gaming amp. The O2 isn't. They're nothing alike. If you want to plain in plain stereo, you go for music amps. If you want the additional benefits of Virtual surround for gaming, you get something like the Mixamp pro.
There is no comparison. if you want virtual surround, get the Mixamp. if you want just absolute stereo fidelity, then get somnething like the O2. You lose the benefit of virtual surround, just to get better sound off stereo. I personally prefer virtual surround than losing that extra dimensionality for better stereo fidelity. Not having virtual surround is like playing with blinders on in comparison.
If you want to additionally drive your AKGs with more power for the Mixamp, then attach the O2 TO the Mixamp Pro. That isn't necessary for gaming unless you're hooking up a mic with your headphones, because the Mixamp has to split it's power between driving the headphone, and driving the mic channel.
When gaming, absolute fidelity isn't as important because you're splitting your focus between sound and whatever is on screen. I can game just fine with the Mixamp alone and the AKGs, when I'm not using a mic.
I've mentioned this a million times before. Seems to be asked every other week.Compare DH off, to DH on at 1:08.
If you feel it's just fine with DH off than when DH is on at 1:08, then just get the O2. If you liked what you heard in 1:08, then get the Mixamp pro FIRST. End of story.

Long story short that is what I planned on. I was getting the O2 to drive my AKGs and a mic. I refuse to game without some way of communicating, that is just dumb no matter how good the quality is. So I was right then, thanks for the added assurance. I'm going to order my Q701, O2, modmic, and MixAmp right now 
L3000.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #8 of 20
Dumb? I almost never use a mic, even with online games.

Then again, it's either from being a loner type player, or not really caring to communicate.

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:
Dumb? I almost never use a mic, even with online games.
Then again, it's either from being a loner type player, or not really caring to communicate.

Oh well yeah lol. I play squad and team based games. Currently my Squad in Ghost Recon is ranked 3 and that is purely and objective based game so communication is key. (EXCEPT THE STUPID SERVERS LAG ALL THE TIME!!!) But that's a whole another story. lol Do I need to order any special cables to sync/link/connect these 2 amp etc?

Jun 13, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #10 of 20
No, just make sure to have a 3.5mm male/male cable to hook up from the Mixamp's headphone out, to the O2's line in.

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #13 of 20
Only if you believe it'll make a difference. In any case, gold plated ones look nicer and shouldn't cost much more than the silver, so why not? I'd say get a monoprice one, but their 3.5mm male/male cables are too thick, and not very pliable. Look for some on Amazon or something. I've been using the same 3.5mm for years, and I think it came with my old first gen Mixamp. Not sure if the Mixamp Pro brings all the cables that they used to, but if it does, you should be fine.

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:
Only if you believe it'll make a difference. In any case, gold plated ones look nicer and shouldn't cost much more than the silver, so why not? I'd say get a monoprice one, but their 3.5mm male/male cables are too thick, and not very pliable. Look for some on Amazon or something. I've been using the same 3.5mm for years, and I think it came with my old first gen Mixamp. Not sure if the Mixamp Pro brings all the cables that they used to, but if it does, you should be fine.

wait a second! I have 2 of these cables sitting in my car! Derp Derp! Forgot my AUX cable was a 3mm male to male. lol

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #15 of 20
Yeah, cables like that tend to be around somewhere for us electronic geeks. Most things come bundled with various cables.

The first gen Mixamp had so many cables that came with it, you could mix and match with other stuff. It was crazy how well stocked that Mixamp came. Not sure now though. Astro skimped out with the 5.8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back