OBH-11 or MG Head DT
Aug 1, 2001 at 1:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jerikl

500+ Head-Fier
My system will consist of an AMC CD8B and a pair of Grado 125's and Senn 580's, and I'm not sure about interconnects just yet. I've been heavily considering the OBH11 but the MG Head DT is looking really good. I'm really fond of the idea of being able to change the tubes to tweak your sound - but how would the Head pair up with both the Grado's and Senn's? Are there inexpensive tubes that would be better for both? How would the Creek pair up with both of the phones? Thanks for any help...

Also, I know where I can get the Creek, but where can I get the MG Head? Headroom I see sells them for $330 which I don't want to pay if I decide on that, and divertech.com sells them for $270 but they're in Canada, correct? Is there any place in the US that sells the Head?

Aug 2, 2001 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 5
Oops... I saw that someone had already posted this thread, but I guess my wondering about how both Grado's and Sennheiser's sound with both amps still applies...

Aug 2, 2001 at 4:28 PM Post #4 of 5
haha yeah i know joelongwood... just doing a bit of crossposting between sites i guess... i'll probably end up getting both as well, but if divertech.com is the only place that i can find the head, and i have to wait 'till august 15 for vacation time to be over, i might just go with the creek first because, i need an amp already
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2001 at 3:28 AM Post #5 of 5
Even being the big tube head that i am, i really dont think that the MGhead sings with my dad's sr-80's. I would say get the creek, i think it sounds good on both. The Mghead is better on the 580's but not by a huge but, more finesse in the midrange. Creek has better bass on both. I think that most Headwizers agree that the Mghead doesnt sing with the grado's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back