Oasis is no more
Oct 9, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can see why by looking at your music preference.

bigsmile_face.gif
my music preference is very specific i know... but i do truely love all music genres, if it sounds good it sounds good, in fact my favourite all time album is the joshua tree by U2 now that does not tie into my preference at all... my preference is just what i generally prefer lol

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #17 of 24
I think they were the last legendary rock band. And I believe they'll always have a following, among the future youths as well.
At times beatleish melodically, they were always quite stonesy regarding all of the rest - and that is something I respect. They had a few beautymarks that others considered flaws that never left their side, but the issues were never musical in nature. The Radiohead crowd sighed in relief when Oasis stopped being fashionable, and they could return to their introverted lullabies. The Oasis fans sighed in relief when the Radiohead crowd left.

I was going to write a longer eulogy, but then I kind of realized that those who appreciate Oasis already know, and the rest... well.

ObQh6.jpg

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #18 of 24
As much as I loved Oasis, Andy Bell should really consider reforming Ride with Mark Gardener, Steve Queralt and Loz Colbert. MBV is currently touring, why not Ride? Besides, there are plenty of Oasis fans who are not aware that Andy Bell came from another successful band (and just as influential if not even more) before joining Oasis, and can bring over part of their fanbase over. Also, there have always been an escalating interest with the original Shoegazers, so a Ride reformation couldn't have come at a better time than now.

My $0.02.

Oct 9, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by bong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As much as I loved Oasis, Andy Bell should really consider reforming Ride with Mark Gardener, Steve Queralt and Loz Colbert. MBV is currently touring, why not Ride? Besides, there are plenty of Oasis fans who are not aware that Andy Bell came from another successful band (and just as influential if not even more) before joining Oasis, and can bring over part of their fanbase over. Also, there have always been an escalating interest with the original Shoegazers, so a Ride reformation couldn't have come at a better time than now.

My $0.02.

I'm not sure how long I'd spend running up and down the hallway cheering and screaming if Ride reformed. I have a feeling,though,that'd it'd be a very long time.

Oct 9, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by bong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My $0.02.

That would be incredible! Imagine if Slowdive also reformed and they all did a major tour together.

Oct 9, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #24 of 24
Liked their music, disliked their attitudes.
Kinda glad theyre done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back