O2 vs Magni vs e12
Dec 8, 2014 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

thedude22

100+ Head-Fier
I'm wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to either an o2 or magni or another comparable amp?

I just purchased HD 700's so I'm looking for a new amp. I'm currently using a Fiio e12 and x3/ipod and I use a Hifimediy sabre with my desktop. For my desktop I generally use my Yamaha R-S500 as the amp for convenience. However, I can easily use my e12.

Is it worth it to upgrade or will there only be a slight difference and instead wait for an more expensive amp? I would usually go with the Magni but since I have the hifimediy, which is similar to the odac, should I get the o2? It sounds like the Modi/Magni are paired for each other, should I get the modi and use the hifimediy elsewhere? Lots of questions, any help would be appreciated. 

Dec 13, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 2
You can mix & match any of those DACs & amps together. I'm sure Schiit would tell you that the Modi & Magni make a perfect match, just as wherever you would purchase the O2 & ODAC would tell you they make a perfect match - but I would have no qualms about mixing them.

Why are you looking for a new amp? What is the E12 and R-S500 not doing for your HD700?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back