O2 freaked out
Jan 21, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 4
  so I left my computer to cook dinner, paused my music + turned volume all the way down but left the O2 on, dac plugged in etc. I came back with dinner and my headphones were making a static clicking noise at a regular interval. O2 doesn't work without the AC cord plugged in anymore, and when it's plugged in it works for about 3 minutes before shutting off completely. 

so, two things 

1. Has this ever been reported before? I looked around some but came up dry. 

2. How do I go about checking my headphones for damage to the drivers of the DT880s I had plugged in? There's no distortion, but things sound a little less transparent overall. Can't tell if this is due to the fact I'm using my m^3 now instead though. 

I experienced that a few times with my O2. I fell kind of sleeping while listening to music without realizing that the batteries were nearly discharged. I heard the little "thump" sound the protection circuit makes when the batteries get completely discharged, but didn't react immediately and perhaps 5 min later a loud clicking noise in the left speaker got me out of my "sleep" - in panic I immediately disconnected the headphones.

I'm guessing that's somehow caused by the batteries, or perhaps a defective protection circuit. So now I'm careful to not let the batteries get completely discharged. I think my headphones were damaged: they still sound fine overall, but even in mono, the soundstage is off-centre, slightly to the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back