O2 DIY 1/4 jack help please!
Apr 8, 2013 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

worrblade

Head-Fier
I am wanting to build an O2. I found the parts list so i think i can find everything i need.
other than building it with the 3.5 jack i wanted to build it with a 1/4 jack. 
Have any of you done this before? If so do you have a part number for what i would need? and did you need a different face plate or what did you do?

Thanks to anyone that will help! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 14
I used a Neutrik 1/4 jack on my build (Mouser part # 568-NJ3FD-V).  I put it in a B3-080 case instead of the standard B2-080 case from the BOM.  You could drill the panels that come with the case yourself or source them possibly from one of the builders.  Audio Putine iirc may still have panels like the ones I used.  I got mine from a group buy at diyaudio a good while ago.  Check my photo album for a visual if you like.

Apr 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:
Do you think i could get the 1/4 jack to fit in the B2-080 case? 

Sure, but you would have to flip the box to have all the controls on the back including the volume.  You'd also have to give up battery power since the only space big enough for the jack is the area on the pcb where the batteries go.

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #5 of 14
Hm, if you're using the space in the back (where the batteries would go normally) to house the 1/4" jack, you might be able to wire up the volume control there too.  I don't know if I've ever seen a build like that though.

Apr 9, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #6 of 14
Hm, if you're using the space in the back (where the batteries would go normally) to house the 1/4" jack, you might be able to wire up the volume control there too.  I don't know if I've ever seen a build like that though.

I think you're right about it fitting, although you'd have less room for the joints at the pot. Like you I've never seen one like this before.

Apr 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #10 of 14
I would let some one do it if they wouldn't charge me. i think i can make it fit and keep the batteries if i put the 1/4 coming out the back..
i know this is off topic from what i posted. but i know i can get a 3db bass boost gain with out a problem. I know i can change up the resistors and cap and get a 9db gain. does anyone know if this would do any damage or have any negative effects to the amp? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back