O2 amp - which to buy?
Apr 1, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #18 of 26

Quote:
O2 + AC powered + Good DAC + Crossfeed = Perfect budget choise

disagree on the crossfeed, but yeah.. perfect end game choice too. The O2 is hard to beat, the only one that stands a good chance is someone with thousands of dollars to spend, or nwavguy himself. 

Quote:

As a fellow old-timer...couldn't agree more :frowning2:

~ Matt

Aww, everything's gone to hell :) It's the way of the world. Entropy is always ever-increasing

Sep 9, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #20 of 26
It depends on how much it heats up, does it just get somewhat warm, or really hot ? Do you use an AC adapter with a relatively high output voltage ? Do you have inefficient low impedance headphones, and listen to them at high volume ? Is any of the op amps replaced with a different IC ? Is there any problem with the sound ?

Sep 9, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #21 of 26
Warm is ok, hot is not.

Sep 9, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:
It depends on how much it heats up, does it just get somewhat warm, or really hot ? Do you use an AC adapter with a relatively high output voltage ? Do you have inefficient low impedance headphones, and listen to them at high volume ? Is any of the op amps replaced with a different IC ? Is there any problem with the sound ?

It gets warm,I'm using a 18VAC 800ma power supply. I'm driving a Ultrasone Pro 900 (40ohms), and i dont listen at high volumes. No replacement of any part, no customization just original O2 amp. No problem with sound as far a i can hear.

Sep 18, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #24 of 26
Hi guys I have problem

I noticed that when i disconnect the power supply from the wall when im using the O2 i hear this static kind of sound.
I want know is it damaging to my headphones or my amp. And isn't there headphone protection in the O2 to prevent this kind of problem. Please tell me the cause of this problem if you know.

Thanks guys

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomodachiF /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I noticed that when i disconnect the power supply from the wall when im using the O2 i hear this static kind of sound.

What static kind of sound exactly ? A (not loud) "thump" at turn-off is normal.

Sep 20, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:
Hi guys I have problem

I want know is it damaging to my headphones or my amp. And isn't there headphone protection in the O2 to prevent this kind of problem. Please tell me the cause of this problem if you know.

Thanks guys

I prefer to turn off the amp first and then disconnect the power supply. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back