o m g . . . .
Feb 17, 2007 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

Headphoneus Supremus
I just received my amp (one listed in my sig) and am finally listening to my setup.....

all i have to say right now

omg....

Feb 17, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #3 of 38
And now the fun really begins!!
rs1smile.gif

Feb 17, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #6 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hell yeah, finally, someone upgrades FROM K1000s to Grados!

score one for America.
rs1smile.gif

I'm not going to lie. The K1000 was good -- no, AMAZING. In fact, it was to good. That was the biggest problem, all my songs that were poorly recorded (all of them - :p) did not receive any mercy from the K1000. Also, the lack of bass extension (not impact) did get annoying with rap.

With the RS-2, not only does it have bass extension, but ALL my recordings -- good and bad -- sound amazing.

Feb 17, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #9 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snacks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations - Now it's time to change your avatar.

LOL. Not so fast. As a former of RS-1 and K1000, being able to compare them both out of the same setup AND amp, I wouldn't quite act so hastily.

I keep saying, but for long-term bliss with K1000, one needs a great tube amp, period. There's an Almarro A205a Mk II with VH cap mods on Agon right now for $525. I would grab it if I didn't have one sitting in front of me with another one on order from Japan...

Feb 18, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #11 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my amp (one listed in my sig) and am finally listening to my setup.....

all i have to say right now

omg....

Congrats!!! Maybe some day in another life perhaps I will also have one of those to compliment my RS1
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Feb 18, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #12 of 38
Congrats on the amp, sounds like you like it
wink.gif

Yes the K1000 can be a royal pain in the ass with crappy recordings, which is most of them. I have similar probs with the stupid Staxes but I can't give them up so I let my poor ears suffer. That and I don't like rap, so one less thing to worry about
tongue.gif

That's why I have the Stax 003, MS1 and Koss KSC75, much more forgiving when I can't take it any more.
biggrin.gif

Glad you found something you can live with.

Feb 18, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #14 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on the amp, sounds like you like it
wink.gif

Yes the K1000 can be a royal pain in the ass with crappy recordings, which is most of them. I have similar probs with the stupid Staxes but I can't give them up so I let my poor ears suffer. That and I don't like rap, so one less thing to worry about
tongue.gif

That's why I have the Stax 003, MS1 and Koss KSC75, much more forgiving when I can't take it any more.
biggrin.gif

Glad you found something you can live with.

Same here, the HF-1 is great for poor recordings. Warm midbass/midrange is much more forgiving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by humanflyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I listen to crappy recordings, I use my HD650s, and also when I want to sleep.
k1000smile.gif

Yeah the HD650 work as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back