nylon/fabric cable covers
Sep 28, 2008 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

b00tang

Head-Fier
Well if I'm already going through the trouble to piece together my own cables so that I can have an iphone button to use with triple.fi 10s (without buying the 10 vis), can anyone give offer any info on fabric covered cables? I guess the cables on the v-moda vibe duos are a good example of what I mean. I'd love to either buy some cable that already is fabric coated or ad fabric covers to the cables I'm already going to use. Can anyone give me some more info or point me in the right direction?

Oct 1, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 5
Well once I figured out that what I'm looking for is probably braided sleeving that helped quite a bit. Techflex seems to be the main company that makes braided sleeving, but the smallest sleeving they make is 1/8" I.D. which I'm pretty sure is too big to fit over an IEM cable (that is between 8 and 9 gauge... probably would work well for cans but not for IEMs)...
Smaller versions definitely exist... We have some 20 gauge ceramic sleeving in the lab (though I wouldn't want to wear that stuff around) and obviously there are some companies that make their iems with sleeving... I guess I'll post more here if I find out more.

Oct 1, 2008 at 9:06 AM Post #3 of 5
Yeah I would also be interested in this kinda stuff, I know a lot of people use the techflex stuff but I like in Australia and it's hard to get hold of out here. Stupid giant island. I prefer the cables covered in cloth, I think they look more professional and downright awesome but as b00ntang said, there must be someone who makes some for smaller cables.. Anyone had any experience with this?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but does the techflex not shrink when heated? Like heatshrink (duh)? Or did I just imagine that?

Feb 25, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #4 of 5
Bringing this thread back to life because I'm looking for the exact same thing

Aug 1, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #5 of 5
+1 I'm looking for the exact same thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back