Nyko iPod line out to RCA doc
Feb 24, 2006 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jasper994

Organizer for Can Jam '09
I'm one of those people that doesn't really like buying online unless there's no other way. As such, I have been hunting high and low for a line out dock for the iPod. None of the half dozen local electronics stores in my area have had anything that would work (pocket dock or sik ram din) and I was just about ready to order online when by chance I took a trip to my local CompUSA yesterday. I hunted high and low but no pocket dock or sik ram din was in sight... I was about to leave when I noticed this funky little red and white tube that said Stereo Link (Nyko; link below)... Hmm... Whoa! An iPod dock that converts to RCA! On closer inspection it stated that it would give clean distortion free sound avoiding the headphone out. That could work... Took it to the register to find out the price: $14.99!!!
biggrin.gif
SOLD!
biggrin.gif
Well I got it home jacked in the pod, found RCA to 1/8" adapter, hooked it up, jacked into the Hornet; good to go... Temporarily at least. Ed is going to hack it for me and replace the RCAs with a 1/8" male jack. This thing sounds really good (from memory it's at least on par with the Sik Ram Din) and is pretty inexpensive. It's 6' long so those of you willing to mod it can shorten it to whatever works for you. The doc itself is much smaller than the Pocket Dock and doesn't stick out as far as the Sik Ram Din.

http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=44

Feb 24, 2006 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 6
Did you mean *6"* or is it realy 6', or roughly 2 meters long? It is hard to judge by looking at the picture at the nyko website. Thanks.
-Steve

Feb 24, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by sjt78
Did you mean *6"* or is it realy 6', or roughly 2 meters long? It is hard to judge by looking at the picture at the nyko website. Thanks.
-Steve

6 foot cable according to the downloadble .pdf on the site.

Feb 25, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #5 of 6
Yes, it does look very nice.
biggrin.gif

It is a 6 foot cable. They made it that long since it was designed to be used for connecting the iPod to your home stereo. For people who don't mind modding the thing, the 6' cable gives you a lot of length options. Actually, come to think of it, when Ed hacks the cable for me I think I'm going to have him cut it at 6-8" have him put a male jack on that end, and then put a female 1/8" on the other side so I can mate them back together to make the RCA cable again (I hope that makes sense).

Feb 25, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #6 of 6
Great find, thanks for sharing. I can leave this hooked up to my home rig, and keep my PocketDock in my go bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back