NYC Traditonal November Meet Saturday Nov. 12th
Oct 25, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #136 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
I'm having him build me a Gilmore Balanced Reference preamp right now and I'm going back and forth between going with a 47 position Shallco and the Alps RK 50... Decisions, Decisions...
biggrin.gif

Alps RK 50! (Hey, it's not my wallet.)

Oct 25, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #137 of 549
Okay...

Lets not forget some tunes, I am gonna bring some KICK ASS cds......and a special deep bottled, slow roasted, formented, pickled and washed in garlic brine set of Apple earbuds! No ****.....these have been cryo deep frozen then wrapped in special flatbush RFI reflecting foil. Similar to easy wider of years past. Aaron, you will be happy to learn that the phase proper orientation of the wires will never ever touch the floor or for that matter....any part of magnetic earth. Tyll , Gary and Tom....do not worry, these Apple earpods are of very limited existance and are not a threat to your mighty rigs. They only will energize properly with a full dose of Scottish Lagavulin or special sauce of witch only Dr Gilmore can fully decipher!
Salt and Peanuts ....the perfect combo...........
dan

Oct 25, 2005 at 3:07 AM Post #138 of 549
Danny...which planet are you from, and why did they let you take one of their spaceships to come here?
tongue.gif

Oct 25, 2005 at 3:22 AM Post #139 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
I think I'll have to buy Aaron a beer or something after this is over. Awesome job.

The sheer amount of DACs is astronomical. I don't think we can hook them up to all one preamp. The amount of wiring is goingn to be insane.
biggrin.gif
I have 3 such splitter and they are all jitter reducers of sorts. M-Audio C03, theta TLC, and GWlabs dsp. but things won't be the same/fair.

We should also have a source for DAC world.

--lan

Hey! The first focused Head-fi DAC-World Mini-Expo Table...... ???

Is there an ideal transport and an audio file "server" for this purpose (computer or other...)? Any opinions on what transport(s) and computer/audio file server might be the most suitable, and if noted, who can make them available to us? There are some Meridian and EMM Labs Transports (and DACs) around, perhaps Wadia, ... other?

Oct 25, 2005 at 3:23 AM Post #140 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Danny...which planet are you from, and why did they let you take one of their spaceships to come here?
tongue.gif

He's currently calling in from Planet Lagavulin, of course!
icon10.gif

Oct 25, 2005 at 3:46 AM Post #142 of 549
I heard that Meech is living inside his Maestro. It pays to get the upgraded version.

Oct 25, 2005 at 1:36 PM Post #143 of 549
Not to be a pain in the arse, but can we get some kind of list or aggregate everyone's post to get an idea of what headphones, sources, and amplification is going to be there?
rs1smile.gif

I would do it but it should probably be on the first page.

Trogdor

Oct 25, 2005 at 2:30 PM Post #145 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor
I would do it but it should probably be on the first page.

Trogdor

Well I put SiBurning's link in the fifth post of the first page, that's as close as i can get it hehe!

Oct 25, 2005 at 2:45 PM Post #146 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
He's currently calling in from Planet Lagavulin, of course!
icon10.gif

Sheesh, I'm from Ardbeg. It's a small galaxy.

Oct 25, 2005 at 2:55 PM Post #147 of 549
I thought I was joking when I was about to post that I was from Dr. Pepper, but I guess I wasn't -

"Each year at 10 a.m. on the Monday before the second Sunday in June," the town of Dublin, Texas, renames itself "Dr Pepper, Texas" for an entire week. Rita Reed of the Dublin, Texas, Chamber of Commerce told me on June 8, 1998, that this practice had been going on since either 1993 or 1994 (she wasn't quite sure if it had been going on for 4 or 5 years) as part of the annual celebration of the opening of the Dr Pepper plant there--the oldest Dr Pepper bottling plant in the world, which has been in business since 1891. The celebration itself was first held in 1991 to commemorate the plant's 100th anniversary. So, for one week out of the year there is a town in the US named Dr Pepper.

Oct 25, 2005 at 3:02 PM Post #148 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
Sheesh, I'm from Ardbeg. It's a small galaxy.

Well! I'm from the 18th moon of MacCallan. Hi, neighbor!

Oct 25, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #150 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
I heard that Meech is living inside his Maestro. It pays to get the upgraded version.

Wow I heard NYC apartments were small and expensive and the Maestro is large sized amp and is expensive but I would have never imagined the possibility of combining the two and living inside an amp
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back