NYC Portables Meet - Sunday August 27 1PM @ Sony Plaza!
Aug 27, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #76 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
let's put it this way - it basically has a skyscraper as a roof, with all four sides encased in steel and concrete. pretty rain-resistant. the best part is that the tourists won't be out and about so we may have the whole place to ourselves! let's see how portable our rigs really are and brave the rain!

Fortunately my camera fears no rain.

What's really cool about all this for me is that I've finally started honestly grooving to the Etymotics I picked up last week. They caused me some pain initially as I couldn't get the right seal with them and was accidentally placing them too far in my ears... now that I'm used to the proper seal and have them resting comfortably just inside my ear, they sound really nice. More refined than any other headphone I've heard at $170. Hearing them on the various stuff tomorrow will be pretty cool.

Aug 27, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #77 of 92
Hey J -- what the heck IS going on with you/1911 and the beautiful Cocobolo'd HHF-1s??? They're so pretty I used them as my avatar for awhile (until the the call of gelato pulled me back in...).

Aug 27, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #78 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Hey J -- what the heck IS going on with you/1911 and the beautiful Cocobolo'd HHF-1s??? They're so pretty I used them as my avatar for awhile (until the the call of gelato pulled me back in...).

Pfft using headphones you don't own in your avatar... lame.

Aug 27, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #79 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Pfft using headphones you don't own in your avatar... lame.

Tell me you never drool... I know you're not a cool cucumber.

And why is Jesus STILL wearing the GS1ks???
blink.gif

Aug 27, 2006 at 5:55 AM Post #80 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Tell me you never drool... I know you're not a cool cucumber.

And why is Jesus STILL wearing the GS1ks???
blink.gif

I don't know what you're talking about.

If you look very closely at this blown up image:

jesusRS1big.jpg

You'll see that Jesus was clearly wearing RS1s in this classic painting. Honestly... time to get those eyes checked man!

Aug 27, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #81 of 92
Mmmph. Chuckle. TskTsk. Giggle. HaaaaaaaHAAAAA.

Better.

10-04 Over-and-OUT.

NiteyNite.

Aug 27, 2006 at 6:32 AM Post #82 of 92
Should I bring HF-1s?

Aug 27, 2006 at 12:44 PM Post #85 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
All - have a great time in case I don't make it. The FEXGF's daughter got into a really bad car accident last night at 3AM (she's ok, car totaled in Elizabeth by a Hit-and-run) and I got home only a couple of hours ago...6AM

Yikes, sorry to hear that. Glad everyone is ok. Get some rest.

Aug 27, 2006 at 1:51 PM Post #86 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
Should I bring HF-1s?

Yes! Bring all those cans you have...or whatever you can carry. You know I wanna try them out
wink.gif

Steve, sorry to hear that! Hang in there and get some sleep. Glad to her she didn't get hurt.

Aug 27, 2006 at 2:26 PM Post #87 of 92
Steve, get some rest dude.. there will always be another meet.
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
Yes! Bring all those cans you have...or whatever you can carry. You know I wanna try them out
wink.gif

Dude... please dont make me bring EVERYTHING lmao... Guess I'll bring HF-1 and A900ltd coz we never have ATs at our meets

Aug 27, 2006 at 3:27 PM Post #88 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
Sorry guys, got to work, but have fun!

DARN! I would have been great to see/chat! Have a good work day.

Aug 27, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #89 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
Yikes, sorry to hear that. Glad everyone is ok. Get some rest.

My best wishes go out to her, and to you and the family in helping soothe/restore her psyche from the trauma!

Aug 27, 2006 at 3:34 PM Post #90 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
All - have a great time in case I don't make it. The FEXGF's daughter got into a really bad car accident last night at 3AM (she's ok, car totaled in Elizabeth by a Hit-and-run) and I got home only a couple of hours ago...6AM

It's wonderful to know that she's alright... My best wishes to you and her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back