NYC mini-mini Meet at Immtbiker's
Jan 21, 2005 at 1:40 AM Post #151 of 273
All of you are in for a treat. Stevieo will be bringing Moon Audio's Qualia 010 cables. I have had the opportunity to test three of Drew's Qualia 010 cables. They make a huge difference! There is no doubt about it. It is instantly noticeable. Long listening sessions were not necessary.

(The following remarks are about the 100% copper cable.)

The sound is MUCH FULLER! Much more NATURAL. A bit more bass is now there, but the cable does not add what the headphones weren't designed to do. The cable adds fullness to the sound. The Qualia's are no longer thin sounding. The sounds/notes are now completed. The added weight is delivered without loss of detail. The Qualia's really needed this.

Yes, I have ordered my Qualia cables from Drew. I will not enjoy shipping them off to Stevieo next week.

Jan 21, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #152 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by globalbee
All of you are in for a treat. Stevieo will be bringing Moon Audio's Qualia 010 cables. I have had the opportunity to test three of Drew's Qualia 010 cables. They make a huge difference! There is no doubt about it. It is instantly noticeable. Long listening sessions were not necessary.

The sound is MUCH FULLER! Much more NATURAL. A bit more bass is now there, but the cable does not add what the headphones weren't designed to do. The cable adds fullness to the sound. The Qualia's are no longer thin sounding. The sounds/notes are now completed. The added weight is delivered without loss of detail. The Qualia's really needed this.

Yes, I have ordered my Qualia cables from Drew. I will not enjoy shipping them off to Stevieo next week.

Your talking about the Black Dragon Cable ? Looking forward to hearing it.

Jan 21, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #153 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by globalbee

wow!...so how do I order them???

Jan 21, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #154 of 273
Bozebuttons . . . yes, the black dragons. The silver, in this application, are a bit bright for me. I have asked Drew to use his black over red cable cover because my Qualia ear pads are a dark red.

Foo me . . . Drew Baird of Moon Audio is making the cables. Just contact him at that website.

Jan 21, 2005 at 6:32 PM Post #155 of 273
Aside from the great quality of Drew's cables, which will be very interesting to hear with the Qualias -- it will be a great relief to be rid of the stock cables' noisy response to even slight handling or movement.

Jan 22, 2005 at 4:24 AM Post #156 of 273
If no one has taken Jimmy's place yet, there is a fairly good chance I might be able to come by, at least for a couple of hours. That may save the hassle of shipping the SuperMacro. I already breached the subject with the spousal unit and was not given a complete "no" as of yet.

Jan 22, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #157 of 273
Hi, Erik!

I sure haven't been paying attention.

Hardiest congrats on your new better half (or fraction thereof) -- Charles!

icon10.gif

Jan 22, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #158 of 273
i think i missed it too ! GRATS!

btw i think i can steal my wife's CM3 buds for the portable meet!

Jan 22, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #159 of 273
Quote:

I already breached the subject with the spousal unit and was not given a complete "no" as of yet.

That's better than my ex-wife. She would start out with a "no", and work her way up to a maybe
rolleyes.gif

I am very interested in hearing an alternative cable for the 010's.
Are the Black Dragons microphonic?

Jan 22, 2005 at 7:36 AM Post #160 of 273
Congrats Erik!

Can't wait to hear the vinyl.

jahn what are cm3 buds?

i am beginning to go through my various tubes to find a nice one that matches SA5000.

Jan 22, 2005 at 5:14 PM Post #162 of 273
Just like most headphones it doesn't :/

Jan 22, 2005 at 9:31 PM Post #163 of 273
Thanks very much for the congratulations!

As it turns out, I might not be able to come after all. It's a long story so I'll spare you the details but I want to be clear that my wife was cool with the idea. I guess she sees that I'm up with her for those 3:00 AM feedings so she was giving me a break. It all has to do with the storm and things that needed to get done this weekend that now can't.
mad.gif

I'll determine if I'll be there by Monday then make arrangements to ship the SuperMacro (and XP-7 if still needed), if necessary.

Jan 22, 2005 at 9:44 PM Post #164 of 273
Erik...Pretty soon, I am going to be calling you "Duncan"...or maybe John Kerry
tongue.gif

Jan 22, 2005 at 9:51 PM Post #165 of 273
Aaron, call me whatever you'd like but just don't call me late for Scotch! (or Cognac
wink.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back