NYC meet at Sony Qualia store
Sep 11, 2004 at 1:04 AM Post #61 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
The 3rd Sunday is the 26th and I'm cool with that.

Which amp is he going to send? It's a monster trying to send any of those. Well I'm up for trying new amps.

How many outputs does the meitner have?

The 26th is good with me, I'll give Mikhail a call on the weekend to see what special amp he wants to send.
The meitner has 2 outputs 1 bal,1 single ended, but I have Xlr to RCA adapters so we can run the Cary & singlepower amp both single ended.
I'll also bring either the Hp1s or Ps1s besides the R10s whichever one you guys want to add to the mix.

Sep 11, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #62 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
The 26th is good with me, I'll give Mikhail a call on the weekend to see what special amp he wants to send.
The meitner has 2 outputs 1 bal,1 single ended, but I have Xlr to RCA adapters so we can run the Cary & singlepower amp both single ended.
I'll also bring either the Hp1s or Ps1s besides the R10s whichever one you guys want to add to the mix.

oh man.
either King Grado and I'll definitely leave the MS-2 at home this time.
Hopefully by then the Solo will have been burned in with its new caps and we can stick it on top of the 9000ES. I may have gotten the DT770 600Ohm back by then too - would be interesting to see how a huge singlepower is going to handle this old school beast.

Sep 11, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #63 of 77
26th is fine with me, too. Cary/Meitner -- and Mikhail gems as well!!!

I'll bring K501. Like the 770's they're not top tier, but I like them and I hope they're of some use as a reference point. Ultimately the Qualia is the focus.

Does anyone have any info about the burn-in status of the 3 Qualia phones in-store?

Also, I know boze and Mikhail have enough expertise to go around, but has there been any consideration or discussion of the issue of cables, connectors, line conditioning, etc. vis-a-vis the very sensitive and challenging Qualia?

Thank you bozebuttons for moving forward with this!

Sep 11, 2004 at 3:29 AM Post #64 of 77
Those headphones being display models aren't new but still probably have low hours.

Since all of us beside bozebuttons are going by public transportation, we probably can't carry too much gear. So any of the better power conditioners are just too massive. As for cables, can't say what's best for this system. You could always try swapping but that would just tweak it for this particular system. Since the cables are just the last percentage of performace I wouldn't be so worried about it.

Although I do want to try my 'ghetto' cables with this system to see if it holds up
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2004 at 5:44 AM Post #65 of 77
well if i leave my Tushi at home, I can probably swing bringing the ONEAC CL1102 on the subway with the DT770s. That'll do for some Power conditioning in a pinch.

Sep 11, 2004 at 7:09 AM Post #66 of 77
I believe bozebuttons used a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet last time.

It's probably better to have another source for a total of 3 still.

Sep 11, 2004 at 8:02 AM Post #67 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
I believe bozebuttons used a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet last time.

It's probably better to have another source for a total of 3 still.

Cool, the return of the Tushi it is!

And hmm a nice price on that Ultimate outlet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Sep 11, 2004 at 1:26 PM Post #68 of 77
Only did you see how many people are bidding on those? They are popular items.

If I bring my Panasonic digital amp, I would need a source with digital output
wink.gif

Sep 11, 2004 at 10:48 PM Post #69 of 77
Mikhail will be sending us a Supra & differant tubes to try for the meet.

Yes I had a PS Audio HC ultimate outlet ,which I will bring again.

lan
Are you going to contact Josh to setup our time slot on the 26th?

Sep 12, 2004 at 3:41 AM Post #70 of 77
Yeah I'll give him a call and set it up. Are we fine for the same time from 12pm to 2pm or do you think we need more time?

Sep 12, 2004 at 4:20 AM Post #71 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Yeah I'll give him a call and set it up. Are we fine for the same time from 12pm to 2pm or do you think we need more time?

last time the time was enough for the number of folks we had there - we are expecting about the same amount, right? Plus with 3 sources we can spread the love like we did last time, it should give everyone enough time for impressions.

Sep 12, 2004 at 2:57 PM Post #72 of 77
Quote:

From a selfish standpoint I'd like to hear the bass of the PS-1. But since the HP-1 is known for its neutrality and detail, it would probably be more appropriate for this mini-meet, where we are trying to unlock these aspects of the 010 in a pleasing manner.

Sep 12, 2004 at 3:46 PM Post #73 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan

If we can set up at 11:00am again that would be enough time.
I will bring both the PS1s & Hp1s Maybe even throw in the Melos as its packed up in the box,just have to put it in the car.

Sep 12, 2004 at 4:56 PM Post #74 of 77
ah, someone was selling a melos gold before in the forums, i wanted to pull the trigger, but, you know, money. but it will be good to hear a melos with a grado!

Sep 12, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #75 of 77
Quote:

Mikhail will be sending us a Supra & differant tubes to try for the meet.

nice. I would be very interested in hearing impressions on that combo. thanks for organizing the Supra arrangement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back