NYC Head Fi'ers - Get some great cables for cheap until Sat. 11.30
Nov 26, 2008 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MoodySteve

500+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi,

As a disclaimer, I have absolutely no commercial affiliation with Harvey Electronics - just a satisfied customer.

I wanted to give all NYC area folks a heads-up that Harvey Electronics on 888 Broadway (@19th St) is shutting down for business. Among the items they're liquidating is a few boxes full of bare Monster cables. The owner gave me a tremendous deal on several interconnects that are normally priced MUCH higher than I'd ever be willing to spend on a cable. I know they're moving out for good this Saturday so I wanted to give you all a chance to score some very high quality interconnects at very low prices.

Please share any success stories!

Nov 26, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #2 of 6
If you don't mind me asking what kind of ICs did you pick up and what did they have, off the top of your head? I may be interested, as long as they're not all monster cable, just for comparison purposes.

Nov 26, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #3 of 6
They were basically all Monster cable, if I remember correctly. They had plenty of RCA, digital coax, S-Video, XLR (which I don't think were Monster), component video, speaker cable (including a hefty bi-wired pair) etc.

Nov 26, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #4 of 6
Is there anything else they are selling that's not cable left?

Nov 26, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #5 of 6
Yes...CD/DVD/SACD players, amplifiers, loudspeakers and some miscellaneous stuff I can't remember. Belle of the ball was the McIntosh amplifiers.

Almost everything was 'half off' but the un-packaged cables were much less.

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #6 of 6
Are all Harvey stores shutting down or just this one? Although most of their stuff was extremely expensive they still carried some reasonably prices audiophile stuff that you would never find at the big box stores (e.g. Grado, NAD).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back