NYC Bi-Annual Meet March 3rd
Mar 1, 2007 at 7:32 AM Post #706 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my Bottlehead Seduction Phono preamp kit today....gotta burn the midnight oil to get it ready for NY
smily_headphones1.gif

Just finished the phono preamp and it's up and running. Sounds pretty good if I do say so myself.

blink.gif
biggrin.gif

So I guess I'll be bringing my budget vinyl rig:

Rega P1>Bottlehead Preamp>Stax SRM-T1S>Lambda Pro/Signature

Cheers....now for bed.

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #707 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All packed up and ready to go for my red-eye flight tomorrow! The anticipation begins! On top of the secrets I'm already saving to unveil at the meet, I was able to stuff in one more that even I was not expecting...
evil_smiley.gif

Have a safe flight....

Mar 1, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #708 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just finished the phono preamp and it's up and running. Sounds pretty good if I do say so myself.

And here I was thinking I was doing good getting my 2 new power cords built last night.
blink.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #710 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When are you getting in Nate?

With a little luck and not too heavy a right foot I'll roll in around 9:30am Saturday.

Mar 1, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #713 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have to attend to buy raffle tickets?
evil_smiley.gif

Al, buy as many raffle tix as you like. i'll volunteer to hold them for you.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #714 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All packed up and ready to go for my red-eye flight tomorrow! The anticipation begins! On top of the secrets I'm already saving to unveil at the meet, I was able to stuff in one more that even I was not expecting...
evil_smiley.gif

it sounds like the 601s are attending after all.
wink.gif

and i'm sure the others will be as pleased with your secret surprise as i.
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks for coming all that way, with goodies in tow, to see your east coast head-fi buds!

Mar 1, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #715 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With a little luck and not too heavy a right foot I'll roll in around 9:30am Saturday.

Nate, are you bringing any of the new england crew with you?

Mar 1, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #716 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it sounds like the 601s are attending after all.
wink.gif

and i'm sure the others will be as pleased with your secret surprise as i.
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks for coming all that way, with goodies in tow, to see your east coast head-fi buds!

Ahhh. Asr always stays ahead of the curve. 'Twill be swell to experience his latest devilish surprise!!! (…as well as offering a rare "Hello"…)

Mar 1, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #717 of 808
Hi all,

After many attempts at juggling my schedule for this Saturday I just couldn't seem to come with one that will allow me to make it out to Bayside for the meet.
mad.gif

I'm really sorry that I have to miss what appears to be turning into one heck of a great Head-Fi meet. I will of course be checking the post meet thread, not only to find out all the good things that I missed but to further add to my sadness at having to miss this fine gathering.

I hope that everyone has a great time and that at least one or two people miss me. Please say hello to Ray for me and let me know if Mikhail has finished the amp he was planning to build with that monster tube that he brought to the last NYC meet.

bigtube.jpg

The Monster Tube

Ralph

Mar 1, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #718 of 808
Ralph, sorry to hear that you and your ultrasones won't be attending this monster meet. i'm sure some of the folks going to the 'gentlemens club' afterwards will put a well placed dollar in your name.
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #719 of 808
[size=medium]
You mean the huge pizza / Thai food / guzzling, ogling & drooling fest???
cool.gif
[/size]

See ya next time, Ralph

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralphp@optonline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all,

After many attempts at juggling my schedule for this Saturday I just couldn't seem to come with one that will allow me to make it out to Bayside for the meet.
mad.gif

I'm really sorry that I have to miss what appears to be turning into one heck of a great Head-Fi meet. I will of course be checking the post meet thread, not only to find out all the good things that I missed but to further add to my sadness at having to miss this fine gathering.

I hope that everyone has a great time and that at least one or two people miss me. Please say hello to Ray for me and let me know if Mikhail has finished the amp he was planning to build with that monster tube that he brought to the last NYC meet.

bigtube.jpg

The Monster Tube

Ralph

Mar 1, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #720 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nate, are you bringing any of the new england crew with you?

I'm still lobbying hard to try and get one member in particular to come with me but so far he's saying he's unavailable. I made one last plee to him this morning. Otherwise I'll be flying solo. I think Yikes (Ethan) was planning on coming but I haven't seen him post anything in this thread for quite some time.

Unrelated content - all this talk of Thai food had me jonesing for some and as luck would have it my boss took the office out to lunch today! Mmmmmmm, so good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back