NYC Bi-Annual Meet Impressions, March 3, 2007
Mar 16, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #256 of 264
Quote:

Originally posted by Dimitris:
Btw James what was the name of the cd that everyone liked?

Harvey Mason - With All My Heart. (One of my favorites)

Mar 16, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #257 of 264
Harvey Mason from Fourplay and Lee Ritenour? Cool. What's the name of the album?

Mar 16, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #258 of 264
Quote:

Originally posted by immtbiker:
Harvey Mason from Fourplay and Lee Ritenour? Cool. What's the name of the album?

The name of the album is: With All My Heart

Harvey is playing with a different set of guest artists on each song. The performances and recording quality are stellar. This is one of my favorite CD's.

On track 2 with Chick Corea and Dave Carpenter here's an excerpt from the liner notes (Harvey speaking):

Dave and I made our way to our instruments and Don, after years of working with me, knew to push the record button. The track you hear, If I Should Lose You, is the first time Chick and Dave and I played a note together. It was magical.

I agree!
lambda.gif

Mar 17, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #259 of 264
looking at those pics...HEY you guys ate korean for lunch! what was i doing at the Burger King? lol!

and Scrypt is somewhere in those pics, no? he did say he was coming - perhaps he's mingling in there somewhere.

Mar 17, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #260 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hearing the Senn 650 balanced was a revelation. I couldn't go back to unbalanced afterwards. It just wasn't good enough. So in the past few days, I ordered:

- Apogee Mini-DAC USB
- Balanced Zu Mobius 2 (this is a brand new cable - just came out!)
- plus other cables to connect all this stuff (mini-RCA, XLR-RCA)

I can't wait to hear My HD650s balanced. I just hope they sound half as good as what I heard at the meet. The downside is that my wallet and I are no longer on speaking terms. I've been sleeping on the couch the last few nights.
biggrin.gif

Somehow I feel responsible. Welcome to a Head-Fi meet. Sorry about your wallet.

Mar 17, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #261 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The name of the album is: With All My Heart

Harvey is playing with a different set of guest artists on each song. The performances and recording quality are stellar. This is one of my favorite CD's.

On track 2 with Chick Corea and Dave Carpenter here's an excerpt from the liner notes (Harvey speaking):

Dave and I made our way to our instruments and Don, after years of working with me, knew to push the record button. The track you hear, If I Should Lose You, is the first time Chick and Dave and I played a note together. It was magical.

I agree!
lambda.gif

That was a great cd!Everyone liked it. I am glad you liked the Beatles - Love cd as well Jahn!
icon10.gif

Mar 17, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #262 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Somehow I feel responsible. Welcome to a Head-Fi meet. Sorry about your wallet.

Thanks again for the ride. Going to a meet was so much fun. Lots of cool people and amazing gear. Should have done it a long time ago. Makes the hobby 2x as fun.
icon10.gif

Mar 17, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #263 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Harvey Mason - With All My Heart. (One of my favorites)

I guess this is it

With All My Heart
Sr. Harvey Mason (Artist)

B00021994U.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

only 2 more left at Amazon. Hurry!!!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back