NYC 2005 Minis-Mini-Meet #1
Jun 27, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #16 of 34
Damn! Looks like you guys had a blast. If you do another one of these mini-meets, feel free to pm me with details, if i can attend, i'll bring my Baby O's with me
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 8:26 PM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
Damn! Looks like you guys had a blast. If you do another one of these mini-meets, feel free to pm me with details, if i can attend, i'll bring my Baby O's with me
biggrin.gif

mmmm yes... i am having a meet at my house tomorrow... you can bring it there....
icon10.gif
(just kidding)

Jun 27, 2005 at 9:03 PM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
mmmm yes... i am having a meet at my house tomorrow... you can bring it there....
icon10.gif
(just kidding)

Noted... and Noted....

Maybe by then you'll have Papa Orpheus.
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Noted... and Noted....

Maybe by then you'll have Papa Orpheus.
tongue.gif

Sweet, thanks Romanee!

Jun 28, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

Sweet, thanks Romanee!

Oh, boy. Relieved. Wouldn't want to upset your Chocobo.
orphsmile.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 6:36 PM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Oh, boy. Relieved. Wouldn't want to upset your Chocobo.
orphsmile.gif

I can always bring my cockatiel to one of our meets so he can attack everyone and chew up their headphone cables.

Jun 28, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

I can always bring my cockatiel to one of our meets so he can attack everyone and chew up their headphone cables.

That sounds exciting!

I'm tempted to ask, but I won't (...can we saute it with some fava beans and a nice keeannntee?...fft-fft-fft-fft-fft-fft-fft-fft-fft)
rolleyes.gif
...sorry... couldn't resist.

Jun 29, 2005 at 12:14 AM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

That sounds exciting!

I'm tempted to ask, but I won't (...can we saute it with some fava beans and a nice keeannntee?...fft-fft-fft-fft-fft-fft-fft-fft-fft)
rolleyes.gif
...sorry... couldn't resist.

lol.

His name is Buddy, so sometimes my brother says he'd like to have Buddy and potatoes.
eek.gif

weet!

DSCF0215.jpg

Jun 29, 2005 at 4:49 AM Post #24 of 34
Whoa. Very intense looking dude!
eek.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 1:38 PM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Whoa. Very intense looking dude!
eek.gif

lol, he's ready to kill! He's actually quite the tempermental bird, but he's usually in a good mood at least twice a day for playtime.

Jun 29, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #26 of 34
So I'm still awaiting the decision of this elite group as to what is the best portable amp. Was there any concensus amongst the quadrumvirate?

Jun 29, 2005 at 9:10 PM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
So I'm still awaiting the decision of this elite group as to what is the best portable amp. Was there any concensus amongst the quadrumvirate?

You want MY serious answer? SR-71.

Jun 29, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

It wasn't at this meet
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 9:43 PM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Can't say which is THE best portable amp. Firstly, we didn't have them all present. SMV3 was absent. Also, 2 hot items are on the horizon: Headamp AE-1 (in about a week or so...) and Ray Samuels Hornet (3-4 mos.).

I'm in agreement that SR-71 is still the best available portable amp - big air, beautiful nuance & separation, master craftsmanship.... For certain purposes/characteristics the PV^2 does admirably well, especially where the added punch, energy, lively/forward presence and small size are important.

The Hornet may well overwhelm the PV^2 at the same size, and bigger sonic image ... but still at about the same price as SR-71 -- significant more than PV^2. So, each in its niche. Even price aside, though, PV2^2 does do some things extremely well and is very well suited to the noisier venues portables travel in.

I'm very very interested to hear the AE-1 and find out its sonic capabilities, and since Justin says it will start to ship in about a week -- some will be around to hear ... somewhere ... hopefully near here.

Real critiques of the Hornet will have to wait until some finished units are ready for review.

With all-too-common stupidity, I've read a number of headfiers slamming the Hornet and Raptor without ever having heard either. Humans is the craaaaaziest peoples.

{...of course Lan must have been obliquely referring to a certain magical mystery amp, to remain unnameable...
tongue.gif
}

orphsmile.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 9:47 PM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
It wasn't at this meet
biggrin.gif

stick that thing in a tin can and hand it over!
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back