NY Mets appreciation thread 2007 edition.
Jul 31, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #76 of 85
Nice bump. I have been really occupied with other things right now. But I went to the recent Maine 5-inning rain-out. Had great seats, but spent most of the 5 innings in the diamond club, eating cheesburgers. Not very good cheeseburgers, actually.

The team will benefit with Castillo, no? When Castillo was really good I thought he would be an ideal #2. I think he's still pretty good. He's lost a step or two at second base, but it looks good to me.

What do others think about it? What does anyone know about the prospects that the Twins got for Castillo?

Aug 7, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #77 of 85
300 Wins! He was hated by Mets fans and now he is celebrated. I remember when Glavine was one of my least favorite players in all of baseball. Now I am happy for him. He is deservedly being congratulated and treated really well all around baseball. The Cub fan reaction was great.

He just may have reached a mark that will never be reached again.

Sep 29, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #78 of 85
I thought it would be a good time to bump this thread. I for one have been really appreciating the Mets over the past couple of weeks!

evil_smiley.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #80 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mets are still alive.

Indeed. Who would have thought that it would come down to the last game of the season? Tomorrow should be interesting.

Sep 30, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #82 of 85
ouch.

Oct 1, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #83 of 85
What a terrible waste. So typical... If they could have ended their season in more pathetic fashion than last year (remember the miraculous Endy catch followed by Carlos Beltran striking out looking?) they did it this year.

Oct 1, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #85 of 85
i appreciate the Mets. FOR TANKING.
[size=xx-large]
GO PHILS!!!![/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back