NY Mayor fires a worker for playing Solitaire
Feb 13, 2006 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

rauer

500+ Head-Fier
I wonder how many NY Head-Fiers are going to reduce posting.
eek.gif

http://news.com.com/2061-11199_3-6038534.html

EDIT: could a mod please make the obvious correction in the subject...

Feb 13, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 12
Dude, The Mayor is approaching your desk. With The Media. And you're playing Solitaire. HELLO? Bloomberg fired you out of pure embarassment!
tongue.gif

Feb 13, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 12
such PR. if that photographer had not been there he would probly not have done it. in any case, i teach/tutor at my job so i can't play games or visit head fi
mad.gif

Feb 13, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
Hasn't the Mayor seen THE OFFICE yet?

If its the US version, he probably turned it off.... if its the Briitish version, he hasn't stopped laughing.

Feb 13, 2006 at 10:41 PM Post #6 of 12
"Okay, so, if an employee, say, went outside to smoke, that'd be okay (though unhealthy). Or if an employee were to linger at the water cooler a little longer, gossiping, that'd be okay. But playing solitaire or stretching at your desk 'cause you're penned in like a veal, that's not okay?"

AMEN.

Feb 14, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #9 of 12
should have been playing freecell. Solitare is understandable for a game you should be able to just close down really quick. Freecell thought, I would have said "Now mayor, im at 61% wins, you wouldn't want me to hurt my percentage, would you? could you please come back another time" I'm sure he would have understood

Feb 14, 2006 at 7:52 AM Post #10 of 12
One of my professors back in college once told me about a friend who got fired because she got caught playing "The Sims" instead of doing spreadsheets. I probably would've been doing the same thing, although it would've involved first person shooters with World War II backdrops
tongue.gif

Feb 14, 2006 at 1:27 PM Post #11 of 12
My dad met bloomberg recently. My dad was painting a city office and bloomberg happened to stumble in to say Hi and my dad told him the paints they gave him were cheap $hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back