NY Area Fall Meet, Nov 14, 2009, Harrison NY - It's Official!
Nov 12, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #391 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The second one.

I have the CD player, which is my CD transport, and my computer both hooked up to the DAC. The computer is using a USB connection, which does not sound as good as the optical connection from the CD player. The DAC also accepts coaxial in but I haven't gotten around to buying a digital cable and I included my last one with the DAC I sold.

Oh ok. That makes more sense to me now.

Nov 12, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #392 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldkeith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can you please delete the 2nd and 3rd line of my gear list. Thank you

done

Nov 12, 2009 at 10:56 AM Post #393 of 457
Looking foward to being there. I don't know if I will be able to join you for dinner? Where will dinner be anyway. I will be traveling lite; so I will just enjoy listening to other peoples systems. Scottsmrnyc

Nov 12, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #394 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by cetoole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
< snip > Also, like Nate, I too have a new dynamic amp, with some of those fancy "tube" things in it.

Committing to the meet made me get my butt in gear & finish something too, this time w/fancy SS things in it.
b22_open.jpg

Of course nice tubey ones will be in my rack as well.

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #396 of 457
I’m lucky to notice this event BEFORE it actually happened :)
I can bring Sennheiser HD-650, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, DIY CK2III headphone amp, and a DIY AYA DAC (rev 2.0b).
AYA is a nice sounding piece of equipment but unfortunately I do not have a decent digital transport to match its quality. I can bring my laptop and EMU 0404 USB/spdif out, but this combination should be inferior to a high-quality CD transport with a coaxial out. Maybe i'll be able to connect it to somebody else's gear?

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #397 of 457
I'm in for dinner. I'm hungry already.

Nov 13, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #399 of 457
Yeah I have to do that tonight as well. Isn't it hard for you to decide which DACs to bring?

Nov 13, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #400 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I have to do that tonight as well. Isn't it hard for you to decide which DACs to bring?

Packing already?
WOW!

^_^

Nov 13, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #401 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpivinylspinner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Indeed. As it must be for you.
tongue.gif

Nov 13, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #402 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bring Your Own Vinyl If You Want To Listen To Your Own Vinyl.

Master of the obvious statement of the meet!
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #403 of 457
Ok, so assuming I can pack it all, I'm leaving the stats at home and bringing:

- Portable CD player with optical out
- Nugget Audio B22
- Bryston BDA-1
- Dodson DA-217 mkII-D
- Manley Skipjack
- HD 600

All of the above will be running unbalanced. Take that balanced nonsense elsewhere.
wink.gif

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #404 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in for dinner. I'm hungry already.

I am in also, any place that has beautiful waitresses, & many of them.
Ray Samuels

Nov 13, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #405 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I’m lucky to notice this event BEFORE it actually happened :)
I can bring Sennheiser HD-650, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, DIY CK2III headphone amp, and a DIY AYA DAC (rev 2.0b).
AYA is a nice sounding piece of equipment but unfortunately I do not have a decent digital transport to match its quality. I can bring my laptop and EMU 0404 USB/spdif out, but this combination should be inferior to a high-quality CD transport with a coaxial out. Maybe i'll be able to connect it to somebody else's gear?

My CD player has both optical and coaxial out and I'll be using the optical. You're welcome to park next to me and grab a feed from it. Of course, I've never tried to use both outputs at once. I assume it should work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back