NY Area Fall Meet, Nov 14, 2009, Harrison NY - It's Official!
Nov 5, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #316 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is someone willing to lend me some cables, even if just for the day?

I have some extra XLRs you are welcome to borrow. Nothing fancy, just Mogami with Neutriks. About 4 feet, if that'll work. I also have a Pro-Ject Phono Box II phono preamp that I can kick in for the auction. Retail is $199 -- it would make a decent starter package with Ari's Technics TT for someone looking to get into vinyl.

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #317 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopstretch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have some extra XLRs you are welcome to borrow. Nothing fancy, just Mogami with Neutriks. About 4 feet, if that'll work. I also have a Pro-Ject Phono Box II phono preamp that I can kick in for the auction. Retail is $199 -- it would make a decent starter package with Ari's Technics TT for someone looking to get into vinyl.

Those will be perfect. Thanks Hopstretch.

And thanks very much for the donation.

Nov 5, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #318 of 457
Quick question about the auction: any demand for volume/selector knobs? I have been making a few recently for myself and a couple people I know. I can spin a few more in aluminum or brass if anyone would bid on them.

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #319 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question about the auction: any demand for volume/selector knobs?

I've got a project or two in the works that I haven't done case work on yet, so I'd be interested to see some wares...

And if it doesn't fit with what I'm planning, but it's really cool, I just might start out with a case knob or two and have to find a project that would match with it. Wouldn't be the first time something like this had happened!
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #321 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love to hear a set of JH-13's. I'm definitely a Doubting Thomas concerning their status as Reference Caliber audio transducers.

You can listen to mine, but they are customs,,dude

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #323 of 457
To All

Unfortunately a family situation has arisen and I will not be able to attend the meet.
triportsad.gif

I was really looking forward to seeing everybody again.
frown.gif

Maybe next time.

USG

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #325 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by ruknd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to make it a point to go to this event...is RS bringing his entire lineup for purchase? I think I want to pull the trigger but I don't know which one I want...

I do not think Ray will have his entire lineup available for purchase. He will have some amps but to bring everything would be a lot. Plus, this isn't really a vendor event where they bring stuff to sell. This is about listening, comparing notes, and having some fun.

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #327 of 457
another item to add to the auction list.

Item: Pro-Ject Phono Box II Phono Preamp
Description: Phono Preamp
Value: Retail is $199
Reserve: none (maybe)
Note: it would make a decent starter package with Ari's (nikongod's) Technics TT for someone looking to get into vinyl.
Donor: hopstretch

complete list of items can be found here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/6123265-post304.html

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #328 of 457
I would like to stop by for a few hours to check everything out if you guys & gals don't mind another body in the room.

I Don't really own much, but have a few portables like a SR71A, Pico Headamp and a Xin Reference (original) that I can easily carry with me if anyone who hasn't already heard these want to try them out.

GLC

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #329 of 457
I went to the hall last night, signed the paperwork and left the deposit so everything is set. Just over a week away! We can start setting up at 10 AM on Nov 14.

I've just updated the attendee list on the front page. If I include the maybes we are up to 60 people. This may be the most well attended NY meet ever, except for the Nat, which is a good thing.

However, at this point I'm going to have to put a temporary freeze on attendees as I'm afraid we're going to run out of room for gear. If for any reason you will not be able to attend please post so I can have an accurate headcount. If you've already posted in this thread you have made the cut. Please check the first post. If I missed you let me know and you will be added to the attendees. Anyone who posts after this point will be wait-listed.

I will reiterate n_maher's suggestion of bringing a rack. It's much better to stack your gear than spread it out. I estimate approximately 106 (linear) feet of table space. In terms of square footage it's close to 300 but we have a lot of members and vendors with a good amount of gear.

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #330 of 457
^^ in reference to the above and space, PLEASE don't bring every single piece of gear that you own. just bring one nice setup for people to hear.

AND when setting up, stack whenever possible.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back