NW-ZX2 + Dragonfly Black worth trying ?
Aug 7, 2018 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

grunger

New Head-Fier
hello everyone...

I have the NW-ZX2 with EU volume limit and I use them with MDR-1A..The lack of volume started to get disturbing and my personal opinion some songs really deserves to listened loudly.

My question to dear forum members is: If I get a 3.5 mm to OTG cable and connect dragonfly black, is dragonfly going to ride the headphones with changing the characteristics of nw-zx2 ?

The exact form of the question is :
If I want the sound in my ear as the Sony's stage, colors , tones and characteristics can I use the dragonfly just to raise the volume as it is ( sth like bypass mode)? OR is it going to be the dragonfly's stage and tunes? In this case is it the same using the dragonfly with my mobile?

Thank you for the precious answers...

Aug 8, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #2 of 5
If you search the Forums you should see instructions on how to uncap the volume on your Sony NW-ZX2. It's a much more elegant solution.

Aug 8, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #4 of 5
Aug 8, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #5 of 5
My question to dear forum members is: If I get a 3.5 mm to OTG cable and connect dragonfly black, is dragonfly going to ride the headphones with changing the characteristics of nw-zx2 ?

You mean 3.5mm out of the Sony DAP and into the Dragonfly? That will only work if the Dragonfly has an ADC. Even if the Sony has a coaxial output there still needs to be a chip to convert that from SPDIF to regular USB stream.

The exact form of the question is :
If I want the sound in my ear as the Sony's stage, colors , tones and characteristics can I use the dragonfly just to raise the volume as it is ( sth like bypass mode)? OR is it going to be the dragonfly's stage and tunes? In this case is it the same using the dragonfly with my mobile?

If the Sony has a line output you can just hook up an amplifier with more power as long as it doesn't color the sound, for example the O2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back