NW-HD5 as source for stereo system
Jul 16, 2005 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Fush

Head-Fier
Hi!
Do any of you have any experience using the Sony NW-HD5 as source for a bigger system? Which cables would you recommend for connecting it to the receiver/amplifier?

Jul 16, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #2 of 5
It's not that great, but it's not bad either. Any standard 3.5mm jack to 2RCA cable will work. Just make sure you put it in Line Out mode through the Audio Out menu option first.

Jul 17, 2005 at 7:15 AM Post #3 of 5
make sure to set it back to headphones when your done. or else youll experience some ear bleeding sound next time you use your headphones. i do this by accident regularly.

Jul 17, 2005 at 8:29 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
It's not that great, but it's not bad either. Any standard 3.5mm jack to 2RCA cable will work. Just make sure you put it in Line Out mode through the Audio Out menu option first.

I got a question: Does putting it to "lineout" totally ignore the internal amp circuitry?

Jul 17, 2005 at 9:36 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

make sure to set it back to headphones when your done. or else youll experience some ear bleeding sound next time you use your headphones. i do this by accident regularly.

If you're using a remote it auto switches back to headphones. Or at least my HD3 does.

Quote:

I got a question: Does putting it to "lineout" totally ignore the internal amp circuitry?

Hard to say. It ignores the volume controls when in Line Out mode, but whether the signal's still fed through the internal amp at a set volume is another story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back