nw-hd3 or sony pocket vaio 40gb?
Apr 1, 2005 at 2:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Beatl?Maniac

New Head-Fier
Last week my nw-hd1 broke (screen died), fortunatley amazon refunded me a whole two months after purchase - excellent service!. I really liked the nw-hd1 and thought it was much better all round than my 3g ipod but now i am a little wary of it and am considering the nw-hd3 or the sony pocket vaio. I just can't decide between the two. If anyone has the vaio i would greatly appreciate some indication of its size and portability and also its battery life which i am a little concerned about. Also, apart from the upgrade to mp3 what changes have been made to the nw-hd3 which make it superior to the nw-hd1. Thanks in advance.

Apr 1, 2005 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 4
I have held both Vaio and HD3, the Vaio is huge, the body is about the size of an ipod if not larger, then add the huge buldge on the right side. It makes this player unfit for most 'pockets' if you want to carry it around that way.

HD1->HD3, still just the mp3, the hd3 doesn't come with a dock, but somekinda connctor block in wich the usb and power go.

I bought the HD3
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2005 at 9:35 AM Post #3 of 4
I don't have any, but I've red that the sound quality of the VAIO is better...
Who can tell about ?

Apr 2, 2005 at 11:00 AM Post #4 of 4
I am curious about the nw-hd3 and Pocket VAIO also
(I want to preserve my irreplaceable iRiver H120.)
smily_headphones1.gif

Does the pocket vaio also have a true line out that is set by the player's software like the nw-hd3?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back