NW-HD3 died - New player recommendations
Jan 12, 2010 at 11:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tomsdubs

New Head-Fier
Hi, new users looking for some help. I'm in the market for a new player but now i really only need about 8gb storage and I've been looking at the Sansa Fuze and Sony NWZ-A818.

I use Sony MDR-ED21LP currently (I've had bad experiences buying other buds). I want a player with good sound quality, can go loud and doesn't distort when turned up. I'm open to suggestions on players, although i loved my HD3 i was sick of sonicstage and it using a hard drive.

Anything similar price range to the sansa and sony is fine, any help is appreciated
regular_smile .gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by quangphucqp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think a818 can offer the same sound signature of the HD3. Maybe you should try the Fuze.

Will Sansa have better sound than A818?

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szadzik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will Sansa have better sound than A818?

Fuze in comparison is more detailed and has better soundstage.I like my fuze more than my sony a828,but it's only me.
smile_phones.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by asrphani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fuze in comparison is more detailed and has better soundstage.I like my fuze more than my sony a828,but it's only me.
smile_phones.gif

I see Sandisk have made really good all-around DAPs that are cheap. expandable memory and fairly good SQ.

Jan 12, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #6 of 6
Fuze sounded tempting so i checked ebay and found one mint condition in box for £35! So i have an 8gb Fuze on the way
wink_face.gif

I'm not fussed about the screen as i have no interest in video. Looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back