NW Electronic stores
Sep 22, 2002 at 6:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tone

100+ Head-Fier
I'm trying to fix my RKV which was damaged during shipping. the 2 big capacitors for the right channel were damaged (by a loose transformer) and i am having LOTS of trouble finding them locally. i guess most electronic parts stores don't carry big capacitors (450 volt, 220uf type). i tried several stores in the Bellevue area and have had no luck at all.

I'm pretty confident that the capacitors are the only thing i need to replace so i just want to make sure before i ask helmut to send me the replacement stock capacitors all the way from germany.

I figure the nw bottlehead diyers might know of a place!

Thanks!

Sep 22, 2002 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 5
Dude call me! Email me through the board. I just got 2 220uf 450V from Active Friday night and won't use them this weekend I'll deliver. They're still in the sealed boxes. You need to get the amp fixed so I can hear it! That bad boy might be singing today! I want to hear one.

I can't send you an email. You can have these by noon at cost $6.00 each. They're NTE brand

Active Electronics carries a limited selection but they aren't open on Sundays.

You've got the MG Head. I know a local tube source that seems OK.

Sep 22, 2002 at 6:55 PM Post #3 of 5
hey brailledriver i just sent you two messages.

the first one had an incorrect phone number so use the second one's.

Sep 23, 2002 at 5:10 AM Post #4 of 5
Many thanks to braillediver who came over and helped me replace the 2 damaged capacitors today!
biggrin.gif

This amp is really getting me into classical music. the soundstage,detail and richness is just tremendous. with the rkv i've even started to like my hd600 phones even more so than my previously favored dt831 phones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back