NVX XPT100 vs Rockit Sounds R-Studio vs Whatever you can think of
Jun 13, 2014 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JohhnyJohn

New Head-Fier
I need some help here guys. I was looking into getting the ATH-M50, but too many people said that they are over hyped and that I can find better quality in the NVX XPT100. Well they look great and based on reviews, I feel I won't be let down, however I found the Rockit Sounds R-Studio. I was able to find 3 reviews on these and they all have great things to say about them: good sound, good build, good isolation, amazing price, etc. I know that there's a little bit more out there on the XPT100 and they're on Amazon so if I don't like them, I can always return them, but I don't want to overlook the R-Studio. Unlike the XPT100, I can't return it if I don't like it, so that's where my issue comes in. I'd like to buy them and throw a review of my own out there, but I also don't want to make a mistake in spending only $74 on headphones and expecting more than what I'll get. Is there anyone out there that can throw their own input into this and help me out? I wouldn't mind some other suggestions too, my price range is $150 (I know I could buy both with this, but I'd really rather not spend extra money).

I know their both very comfortable from reviews, so what I would like to know is which will deliver the sound I'm looking for.

I listen to rock, classical, metal, DnB, and house. On top of frequently using them for music, I'll also be using them for gaming quite a bit.

I've been browsing other threads and what I can say is that I don't want the M50, the UE600, any of the Sennheiser's in my price range, or the CAL2.

NVX-XPT100

Rockit Sounds R-Studio

Jun 13, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #2 of 4
NVX is a safe, neutral sounding bet. From what I've read, the R-Studio is considered warm/dark, and from experience, the M50x is a bit U shaped. Just pick whichever sound signature sounds most appealing to you, IMHO. I'd get the NVX, the M50x is a bit closed in sounding for gaming, the NVM is trusted and you can return it. Also, the R-Studio's bass has been described as a bit boomy - which I can't stand. That's my personal tastes, though. Let us know what you decide.

Jun 13, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 4
  NVX is a safe, neutral sounding bet. From what I've read, the R-Studio is considered warm/dark, and from experience, the M50x is a bit U shaped. Just pick whichever sound signature sounds most appealing to you, IMHO. I'd get the NVX, the M50x is a bit closed in sounding for gaming, the NVM is trusted and you can return it. Also, the R-Studio's bass has been described as a bit boomy - which I can't stand. That's my personal tastes, though. Let us know what you decide.

Yeah, I think I'll end up going with the NVX. I'd love to try out the R-Studio, but the risk really isn't worth it.

Do you know if the HM5 is worth the extra money, or should I just stick with the NVX?

Edit: Nevermind, I just looked into it and NVX actually bought the design and only tweaked the aesthetics to make it more comfortable. How they managed to drop the price so low with extra stuff I'll never know, but they are the same. Can't wait to order these!

Jun 13, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 4
Nice. The only thing better about the HM5 is the case... but it's by no means worth ~$50 more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back