Nura Nuraphone
Jul 21, 2019 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SilverEars

Headphoneus Supremus
Kicking off a discussion on these headphones called Nuraphone.

https://www.nuraphone.com/

718hE67x-kL._SX425_.jpg

I have been intrigued by these due to the possible custom tuning process this headphone goes through. Creates a individual custom profile based on the test. I did try this out, and I found it interesting how it created personalized profile for my hearing. Here is the details on how it's being done. Perhaps there are hearing experts that can chime in on this.

If this thing can analyze out hearing, is it possible to get an accurate hearing test of our ears with an in-ear device?

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi @SilverEars,

Just my humble two cents...

While no hearing expert though I do appreciate good sound & my semi pro hobby is Sound Monitoring, I will say subjectively & personally in polite terms, the nuraphones are pretty average to terrible for sound quality.
Not to mention they are quite pricey to overpriced for NC headphones depending on who stocks them though I will say the microphone & NC is actually decent but definitely not as good as Sony WH 1000 X Series.

Personally & subjectively, when I demo this headphone a few times, the reason for average to terrible sound quality every time was the fiddly fit as if one can't get a good seal from the stalks then the 'hearing test' is a wash though I'm not sure it's doing anything really either to test actual hearing as I ended up with at least four different sound profiles each demo which were all totally different & none were even remotely close.
As a result, the 'hearing test' felt more gimmicky more than anything else, especially since multiple attempts didn't provide a good seal.
So subjectively, in answer to your question, I'm fairly certain the said test is by no means accurate.
On a sidenote, I've done a few hearing tests over the years, none were this ridiculous & actually yielded results which made sense.

I have headphones as well as demo many headphones over the years which either cost more or less or even the same but all have better sound quality the moment I put them on my head with little to no fuss.
Mind you, I was just looking for a potentially good experience not had any expectations, these certainly didn't provide or change either.

Take my impressions & observations as you will, I am merely relaying what I have experienced with this headphone.

Hope you have a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back