Numark Red Wave vs Numark Electrowave
Jun 23, 2012 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mistarobotics

100+ Head-Fier
Hi! 

Recently in one of my threads someone recommended the Numark Red Waves. I also looked at the Numark Electrowave and am stuck deciding which one I should get. Here's a preview of my thread:

Hi! I'm currently searching for a pair of headphones that have these qualities:
  1. Good sound quality
  2. Detachable cable
  3. Closed
  4. Comfortable
  1. Good isolation
  2. Stylish (doesn't have to be as long as all the other requirements are fulfilled)

Also I don't plan on buying an amp so it has to have good sound quality without it. And I listen to all kinds of music, but mostly electronica and dubstep.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. I really don't have a budget so you can share any headphone recommendation.

So could you please tell me which is the better to buy. 

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 8
Ok, so the Red Waves and the Electrowaves have essentially the same drivers and everything. Another difference is that the ear pads are pleather on the Red Waves, and cushioned plush material on the Electrowaves. The Red waves are more portable because they both fold and swivel. BTW, this is coming from an owner of the Red Waves. They are excellent sounding headphones. These are perfect for listening to dubstep, because they are bass heavy. Not excessive bass heavy, but just right. I listen to quite a bit of dubtep myself (even as I'm writing this) so, just trust me when I say you can't go wrong with the Red Waves. They are half the price of the Electrowaves on Amazon. Give them a try if you can, and I promise you will not regret it.

Jun 24, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
Ok, so the Red Waves and the Electrowaves have essentially the same drivers and everything. Another difference is that the ear pads are pleather on the Red Waves, and cushioned plush material on the Electrowaves. The Red waves are more portable because they both fold and swivel. BTW, this is coming from an owner of the Red Waves. They are excellent sounding headphones. These are perfect for listening to dubstep, because they are bass heavy. Not excessive bass heavy, but just right. I listen to quite a bit of dubtep myself (even as I'm writing this) so, just trust me when I say you can't go wrong with the Red Waves. They are half the price of the Electrowaves on Amazon. Give them a try if you can, and I promise you will not regret it.

ok thanks :)

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 8
This is not true, the difference in sound quality is night and day, being the Electrowaves WAY superior. I've just auditioned them today for 1 hour in the store and have had the Red Waves for quite some time (especially for modding). The Electrowaves have fantastic bass/sub-bass (but less than the Rd Waves) and one of the best mids I've heard, unlike the Red Waves, that are muddy and need modding to reveal those highs and mids and clarity. The same for the Q40's, the Electrowave's mids in particular are better and they have better clarity/resolution. Mids are lush and sweet and in-your-face (my prefered sound sig). They are very engaging. Highs are forward and with "ok" resolution, not the best I've heard though. Soundstage is wide, imaging is really good, they are so engaging, so envolving...  These don't need any mod, even with those (stupid) thick foams covering the drivers they have an excelent sound. Take them out and they'll sound even better. I just don't like the looks though...

Mar 8, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #7 of 8
  Actually the Red Waves have 40mm drivers, while the electrowaves have 50mm drivers, and definitely sound much better.

are you sure about that? the Reloop RHP-10 look exactly the same and also have 50mm drivers.

i am curious if they sound the same.
  This is not true, the difference in sound quality is night and day, being the Electrowaves WAY superior. I've just auditioned them today for 1 hour in the store and have had the Red Waves for quite some time (especially for modding). The Electrowaves have fantastic bass/sub-bass (but less than the Rd Waves) and one of the best mids I've heard...

How have they held up? i seen many reviews of the left driver going dead after a few months (maybe cabling issues).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back