NuForce UF-30
Apr 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

jasonl

Member of the Trade: Heap Venture
Where did UF-30 come from?

UF-30 is developed with Ultrasone where we contributed our inputs. This is not an off-the-shelf re-brand of some headphones.

We maintain a discipline in the way we approve a product for release:
1) The sound quality has to be approved by our in-house audiophile Casey Ng, who is also the VP of Product Development.
2) Prototypes have to be reviewed and approved by a few of our distributors who are also audiophiles. We also use more than one outside independent audiophiles to review each prototype.

UF-30 was tweaked for months. The early version was shown at CES 2009 but was sent back for further refinement. The early prototype was better than any similarly priced headphones but that's not good enough for our standard (because a few audiophiles pointed out some weaknesses). Basically we want the equivalent of NE-7M for the headphone line. NE-7M defines the lowest performance acceptable to us for earphones. Soon, you will be the judge for where UF-30 stands.

May 17, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #6 of 45
We expect to ship these around June 8. I just got hold of 3 production samples and they are simply stunning (and sounded very good too).
See UF-30 product page

We plan to reserve some stocks for initial promotional discount so please sign up for newsletter (only subscribers get the 1st notice when they are up on sale). Oh, please be patient, we expect these headphones to sell out worldwide and production will be struggling to keep up for the next 6 months.

List price is only $79.

Jason

May 17, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #7 of 45
More photos here (these are not shown on product page):
Red
UF-30-Red-5.jpg

UF-30-Red-2.jpg

UF-30-Red-4.jpg

Peal White:
UF-30-Whilte-5.jpg

UF-30-Whilte-4.jpg

UF-30-Whilte-2.jpg

Black:
UF-30-Black-5.jpg

UF-30-Black-4.jpg

UF-30-Black-2.jpg

May 18, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #8 of 45
Hi Jason.

Any idea how it's sound like ?
smily_headphones1.gif
... In your honest opinion, which popular headphones that have the similar SS with the UF30 ?

May 18, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #10 of 45
UF-30 is supra-aural. As far as direct comparison with another brand or model, I am not going to say. We try not to do that with our electronics and we should not start now with headphones. I am sure many of you will post your feedback on the forum in June.

I haven't had the chance to hear many headphones, but I can honestly say that UF-30 will compete well with headphones 2X to 5X its price. It is sort of like the "NE-7M" of our headphones.

May 22, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #11 of 45
I think they look great! Looking forward to reviews...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back