Nuforce uDac Question
Jan 13, 2011 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Fortgammon

100+ Head-Fier
I'm interested in buying this in the future, but this will/could be my first Dac so there's a few questions

I have a X-fi XtremeMusic sound card, I done research and know that the mic jack can be switched to a digital output and
then a 3.5mm mono to Coax (female) adapter or cable (Coax male) should do the Trick, is this correct?

I want to use this as a Dac-Only as I already own a AMB Mini^3 and wanna use that as my amplifier, how can this be done?

Jan 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #2 of 8
The uDac and uDac2 are USB dacs and only accept a digital signal from the USB out of the computer- no need to interface with your sound card. Run USB cable from computer to the uDac and then run a pair of interconnects to the AMB Mini^3.

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
The uDac and uDac2 are USB dacs and only accept a digital signal from the USB out of the computer- no need to interface with your sound card. Run USB cable from computer to the uDac and then run a pair of interconnects to the AMB Mini^3.

I have read about that, I just remembered right after I posted. but how can use it as a Dac-Only for my amp?

Jan 14, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 8
Read the second part of Mike's post. USB from Computer to DAC, interconnects from DAC to Mini3.

Quote:
Quote:

I have read about that, I just remembered right after I posted. but how can use it as a Dac-Only for my amp?

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 8
 Well that's pretty much any Computer > Dac > Amp connection, My interconnect is a 3.5mm stereo cable, the uDac will ampilify that signal before it reaches my Mini3, is there a way to turn off the amplification or do I have to use one of the back connections? and if so what kind of cable would I need?

Quote:
Read the second part of Mike's post. USB from Computer to DAC, interconnects from DAC to Mini3.

Quote:
Quote:

Jan 14, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #8 of 8

oh alright, now how would I go about on a cable selection? Mini^3 only takes 3.5mm stereo would a RCA to 3.5mm cable work?
Quote:
The uDac has DAC output RCAs on the back.

these are nice cables, hope I would end up paying nearly as much tough lol

Quote:
Yup, for me it's comp > uDAC-2 > Valhalla > cans

I'm using these cables but there's lots of options out there...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006DPQ1Y/ref=oss_product

Quote:
The uDac has DAC output RCAs on the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back