nuForce uDAC 2 - Will it get rid of the static coming from my computer?
Jan 7, 2011 at 10:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

EndlessMike

Head-Fier
My computer sucks and theirs static in the background whenever I'm playing music files (especially FLACs); so I was wondering if the uDAC 2 would get rid of that crap?

Jan 7, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #2 of 3
Try using a media player that supports a WASAPI plug in and after downloading and enabling the plug in, adjust the output/playback device to use WASAPI in exclusive mode.

It isolates the audio signal from most of the other things going on in your computer and sends it directly to your DAC.  It eliminated a lot of computer generated glitches from my set up.  I use it with the Foobar2000 media player for which there is a WASAPI plug in available.

To find out more about how to set up and use WASAPI, just do a search on it.

Jan 7, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #3 of 3
Is this a desktop or a laptop? I'm thinking it's EMI from your CPU getting into the sound signal as it's decoding your FLAC files, which would explain the extra snap crackle and pop while playing FLACs. Getting an external DAC would benefit you greatly, if that's the case.

I can vouch for the udac2. It works great with my laptop and blocks out my wifi signal better than my tube amp, at least. Plus, it's miles ahead of my onboard sound (lenovo business laptops really get shafted).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back