nuforce uDAC-2 spdif synchronization issue
Nov 2, 2010 at 8:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

axw

100+ Head-Fier

There seems to be a problem with uDAC-2s when connecting to an external dac, Lavry DA10 in my case, using uDAC-2's spdif output. I confirmed the issue on two different uDAC-2 devices at a friendly store around and in each of them the same problem persisted.

What is going on: synchronization between uDAC-2 and Lavry drops every 1-10 seconds depending on the laptop used behind uDAC-2; silence lasts a fraction of a second, then synchronization is restored and music plays again. Lavry's "lock" light blinks in such moments.

I tested this on two laptops: 
  1. Dell Latitude z600 with Windows 7 Professional. Drops lock every ~10 secs (tested using DS, WASAPI and Asio4All)
  2. Asus Eee 1201 netbook, Windows XP Home. Drops lock waaay more often, every ~1-2 secs 

Lavry has zero problems synchronizing with other devices, I am using the same spdif cable and port to stream music from my Squeezebox and M-Audio Audiophile USB.

I would be very grateful for any comments or suggestions since I am not really willing to return the uDAC-2 and have the money back -- which is possible thanks to NuForce friendly support. I'm pretty happy with uDAC-2 sound quality on its mini-jack headphone output, which is about excellent given the price point
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back