NuForce U-DAC 2 apparently not working?
Jan 12, 2011 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Zaneeboy

New Head-Fier
So I got my NuForce U-DAC 2 yesterday, I plugged it in, let Windows do all of its driver business, turned on foobar 2000 and...nothing.  I checked the control panel and apparently no audio is going to the UDAC.  Any ideas?

Jan 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #2 of 5
You might have to select the U-Dac 2 as your default audio playback device.

Also, in Foobar, preferences, under the Output section, make sure the U-dac 2 is selected as the output device.

Jan 12, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 5
Ah. Thank you. I didn't have the output wasn't set to the DAC. Thank you very much. It's a bit irritating, the manual that came with the DAC pretty much just told me not to listen too loud.

Thanks once again!

Edit: I have tried setting the uDAC as my default output and that doesn't work. for whatever reason I can't get it to work with iTunes, I don't use iTunes all the time, but it would be nice if I could get it to work with the uDAC

Jan 13, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #4 of 5
Sorry can't offer any help with itunes as I have never used it.  Also I'm on a windows machine so really don't know much about the Apple world.  But, in general, in the WIndows world (and perhaps it is similar in the Apple world), you can set an overall default playback device that should be used by all apps unless you set something different in the individual app.  So there should be two places you can select a playback device, the overall default one and then one in each media player such as iTunes.

But perhaps someone who actually uses Apple products could respond with more specific advise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back