NuForce Primo 8 IEM
Sep 1, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 3
I own both the primo8 and p1 by MEE. I much prefer what the p1 does over the primo8. In comparison the nuforce is not as full in the mids and not as well balanced. They sound more 2d where the p1 has better depth in its presentation. Hope that helps

Aug 4, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #3 of 3
I own both the primo8 and p1 by MEE. I much prefer what the p1 does over the primo8. In comparison the nuforce is not as full in the mids and not as well balanced. They sound more 2d where the p1 has better depth in its presentation. Hope that helps

Interesting. I too own both. The P1 is probably a better all-rounder and more fun. However, its mids, though very good, sound a bit distant. For those who want upfront immersive mids, the Primo 8 might be better. the Primo 8 also seems to have better bass definition, although the P1 bass is more impactful and by no means boomy.

I'm curious: Is there anything reasonably priced that sounds like the Primo 8 in 2020?

The Hifiman re-600 comes to mind, but I haven't tried it. The re-400 is excellent and sounds somewhat similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back