NuForce NE7M ,Klipsch S4i , V-Moda Remix
Jun 1, 2010 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

chuasj88

New Head-Fier
NuForce NE7M ,Klipsch S4i , V-Moda Remix which is better eg:bass,treble,clarity,clear and soundstage.
Thinking of getting one of this and need advice?Thank U

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #2 of 5
Mr. Khali said this about the the NE-7M and S4i (in HeadPhone Addict's review thread of the NE-7M):
"I have had the NE-7M for about a year now and recently bought the S4i thinking it would be an upgrade. I have found I like the Nuforce IEM better! It is not as detailed but sounds smoother and more natural to me. The S4 definitely has more bass but sometimes it is too much. The Ne-7M has a larger soundstage as well which is important to me. I listen to NE-7M with the Shure silicones which opens up the sound a great deal over the stock tips and the Comply tips. I burned in the S4i over 100 hours but only listened to them with the stock medium tips. The S4i sibilance does go away with proper burn in but I find I only like them better when listening to hip hop. These are the only IEM's I have ever listened to so take it for what it is worth."

No personal experience here with either the Klipsch or V-Moda, but the latter are generally considered to have excessive, muddy bass.

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #4 of 5
Comply T400s give excellent isolation and comfort, but they are known to muffle the highs somewhat.But they also get expensive since they only last 1-3 weeks between cleanings, and I only got one cleaning before they started to fall apart.

Good alternative tips for NE-7M:
Shure E2c silicone (single flange) - definitely good for bass-heads
Head-Direct biflange - more balanced IMHO
MEElec biflanges - either M11 or M9 kits fit

Jun 1, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #5 of 5
I have the S4's and NE6 (same as NE7M without the mic). I would go with the Klipsch if you prefer bass and clarity. They do have a slight boost in bass but you can take that down in eq. I would rather lower the bass than have to increase bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back