Nuforce NE-7M question.
Feb 4, 2009 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

weste47

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I've been thinking of buying the NE-7M's for a while now and I have just a couple questions.

1. How do they fair with Hip-Hop, Electronic, Trance, and World music? (I know that's a pretty broad range)

2. I have pretty small ears, so what foam tips should I buy for them that would make them fit comfortably in my ears.

3. How is their isolation?

4. Where should I buy the NE-7M and foam tips from?

Thanks!

Feb 4, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #2 of 8
1. They have good bass so they should do well with the first 3. Not sure what the last one is.

2. Comply T400's. Universal Fit as far as actual size goes.

3. Their isolation is average. Not a strong point, but when I'm playing music at a normal volume I don't hear outside noise unless it's a quiet intro/ending or something.

4. Probably amazon for the phones, comply for the T400's.

Feb 4, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #3 of 8
In addition to the above post - for me the isolation and sound is very good with the T400 tips, but not so good with the stock tips.

And, since the Complys T400 tips only come in one size, if they are too big you can buy the Shure E2c orange foam tips in 3 sizes - small medium or large. The Shure E2c black silicone soft flex tips also fit and isolate and sound good, and come in 3 sizes as well.

Feb 4, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #4 of 8
I have pretty small ear canals, and right now, I'm using the stock small soft rubber tips -- my NE-7M came with 2 sets of small. The are comfortable for me and create a pretty good seal for me. The foam tips create a better isolation seal, but they muffle the SQ some, and I prefer the SQ over the absolute isolation. I'm thinking about ordering the Comply T400 set just to try them out.

Feb 4, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #6 of 8
Feb 5, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #7 of 8
About the Shure e2c tips on the NE-7M: looking at the driver tip, the opening is pretty good size, 5-6mm, but the e2c tip hole looks like it has barely 2mm opening. Seems like the smaller opening of the e2c tip would effect the SQ of the earphone -- can anyone comment???

Feb 5, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmhaynes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About the Shure e2c tips on the NE-7M: looking at the driver tip, the opening is pretty good size, 5-6mm, but the e2c tip hole looks like it has barely 2mm opening. Seems like the smaller opening of the e2c tip would effect the SQ of the earphone -- can anyone comment???

Okay, don't believe me, I am lying. And so are all the people posting in my review thread about how well they work: REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09) - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Actually it does affect the sound quality. It makes them better.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back