Nuforce NE-7M. Comfortable while sleeping?
Jun 17, 2009 at 6:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

johnnq

New Head-Fier
I'm about to pull the trigger on these iems. They're a favorite here and have the best sound quality and a strong bass for it's price. However, they are quite long...and I used to sleep with my PK3s quite comfortably.

This is an important use for headphones for me so I'm asking you 7M owners: How do they feel when laying down on a pillow??

Also, microphonics are apparently quite bad on these phones from what I've searched. I rarely listen to music when running, but are the stupid cord noises really that distracting?

Jun 17, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #2 of 9
I sleep on my back and have worn them to sleep. The NE-7 sits deeper in my ear than the PK3, so the only way there is a chance they are uncomfortable is for side sleepers, but I would imagine the PK3 would be more uncomfortable. I have have had no comfort issues, but when I wake up they are no longer in my ears!

I don't have any microphonics with the NE-7, my PK3 is worse.

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:28 AM Post #3 of 9
I've tried side sleeping with the NE-7s and it is just too uncomfortable. If you find an IEM comparable to the NE-7M in sound quality and price that you can sleep with, please let me know.

Jun 17, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowpickr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried side sleeping with the NE-7s and it is just too uncomfortable. If you find an IEM comparable to the NE-7M in sound quality and price that you can sleep with, please let me know.

I haven't
frown.gif
and I had no trouble sleeping on my side with pk3

Jun 17, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #5 of 9
I sleep with mine some -- or the PK3. I don't have problem with comfort with the NE-7M, but when you move your head on the pillow, it takes a second or 2 for the earplug to re-settle itself so that you hear fully from that ear -- sound drops for that second or 2. This probably has more to do with the fact that you usually use a rubber/silicone eartip on the NE-7M that can get pinched or shifted inside your ear canal.

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #8 of 9
Self-hypnosis FTW XD

Naw, but seriously, listening to music before you sleep is nice. For me, personally, it's not so much that I fall asleep with them, but you just lie there, sideways with the earphones on, and if you make it a habit, you'll end up sleeping on em eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back