NuForce NE-700M and my eclectic tastes in music - a noob review so to speak
Oct 14, 2011 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ack-fin

New Head-Fier
First of all I'd like to thank everyone that reviewed these and, actually, the many others I read about before deciding to purchase these.  They arrived earlier today and haven't left my ears for 7 - 8 hours now.  I'm that blown away by the bang-for-the-buck of this unit.  I have a pretty good ear but I'm in no way to be considered an audiophile.  As expected it took a few hours of break in for these to settle down and come alive.  I added a set of Comply T-400's to them about 4 hours in and that's when I knew for sure that I'd be keeping them.  Once they fit correctly they became a completely different monster - the bass stepped up and the highs stopped drilling a hole in my head.  I listen to such a variety of music that it's easier to tell you what I don't listen to - country & western and hip/hop-rap.  So far I've listened to some jazz - Miles, Coltrane, & Jeff Beck; Australian Dijireidoo, tribal drums, classic rock like Zeppelin and the Doors.  Everything has sounded better than I've ever heard out of my walkman or moto droid.  Now, here's the real point of this post.  When I'm out riding I listen to hardcore techno and electronic dance music to keep my pedals moving in circles and that's where these Nuforce's are really coming to life for me.  I'm listening to stuff I used to DJ in the late 80s through early 90's and I'm hearing things in the music for the first time!!  I'm dumbfounded.  As you know, this music is bass heavy and moves very fast.  These IEM's absolutely shine with this music - the bass hits hard and clean without boomin' enough to take over everything else, the highs are crisp and fast without being too bright for me. 

Some of you with better ears than mine might correct me here but it seems to me that these are very forgiving and well rounded.  I understand that personal preference between IEM dictates that some seem more suited to different types of music.  For the $ I feel like I couldn't find a better choice for listening to so many types of music with very respectable results.

In short I find these NuForce NE-700M's to be very fast, lively and fun.  I've ordered a FiiO E11 and can't wait for it to show up.

Oh, my only complaint is that I detest the wires.  They are very thin but don't feel flimsy but they are very stiff and non-compliant.  Thicker and softer wires sure would be nice b ut I can't have everything for $75 can I?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back