NuForce Impulse USB Cable First Impressions
Aug 21, 2014 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BIgsteviet

New Head-Fier
I thought it was high time I replaced the USB cable that connects my iMac to my cheap Lindy Dac, so I checked the affordable options available to us mere mortals and the NuForce seemed like a good option. Order placed with Chord2425 on ebay.co.uk. Prompt delivery and seems a genuine item.

So far, so good, but how does it compare to the cable that came free with my printer? No difference. Nothing, zip, nada. No louder, no clearer, no less background noise. I know many of you will throw up your hands and say 'Are you surprised?' Well, no not really, but it's nice to find out for yourself.

That aside, it's a very nicely made cable and I DO like having it in my set-up. It feels like I'm not cutting corners and doing things properly. It feels nice and it looks nice and on that basis alone, I'm happy to have bought it, but as an audio upgrade? Not worth the money.

This is based on my initial response, no burn-in (can a digital cable even burn in?) and I will keep an eye on it over the next week or so - any change and I'll report back.

Hope this helps!

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #2 of 4
Nice to see I'm not the only one who cannot hear the difference. It just feels and looks so much better behind my Schiit stack so i don't care about the "lost" money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back